Appartment Costs

Ricardito

Jun 15, 2002
Hola Correspondientes,
What is a good price for an appartment to rent in Santo Domingo? When I say appartment quiere decir for one or two people, kitchen, bathroom, electricity, water.
What about staying in cheap hotels or pensiones for a few weeks? How much can I look to be paying in that case?

gracias por cualquier ayuda,

Ricardo :cool:

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
do a search

There have been many posts about this... do a search to get a better idea of what is out there....

Ricardito

Jun 15, 2002
No offence my friend, but your suggestion is a bit patronising, and vague at that. Where do I search?? I thought that's what this website was for, to offer information for the less experienced of us from those who know and who have done these things. What would you say a realistic price is for an appartment in Santo Domingo?

thanks for your advice

Ricardo

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Santo Domingo is a big city. You can find anything from RD$1000/month to RD$250000/month. It all depends on your means and on your standard of living. As I said when you asked the same question before, please come here and go around. We don't know what you want, and what you can pay.

Ricardito

Jun 15, 2002
Sounds good

Ok, thank you todos, I will take your advice, it is good having people who care enough to offer advice on these websites.

gracias to's

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Thanks for that link! As someone also contemplating moving to SD, it was very helpful. I do have a few questions though.

What about bigger items like furniture etc? How do you get them into the country? What does it cost to ship them? Do you need to fill out any special paperwork?

What about electronics such as computers, VCRs and TVs etc? Is there a Tax to bring them in?

I also have some professional video equipment that I use mostly for hobby stuff as well as some musical equipment. How would I bring them in and would there be a tax?

Thanks in advance!