A few good restaurants in santo domingo..

amy

Apr 15, 2002
Hello Im leaving for Santo Domingo on Tuesday and i was wondering if anyone can suggest just a few excellent restaurants i must eat at, any type of cuisine is okay Thanks!

amy

Apr 15, 2002
Dolores...

Thx i did check out that website already, i was just thinking maybe you know of any restaurants in particular that are good that you can recommend any suggestions would be great!

Kaya

Mar 26, 2002
Restaurants

I went to a fab restaurant the other day called Jazmine.

It?s on Roberto Pastoriza No. 102, between Ortega and Gasset and Tiradentes. There?s a little bit on it in El Caribe today, and I believe last Saturday was the full review.

I took the photos, and ate the food. It was heaven, and the service was excellent, and I wish I could eat there again.

Mcinbrass

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
Restaurants

I think Dolores will agree these are several good ones:

On the Malecon: Vesuvio
In the Hotel Zone: Los Hermanos Villar, El Conuco
In the colonial Zone: Museo del Jamon, Pate Palo

Enjoy your trip!

rafael

Bronze
Jan 2, 2002
www.dr-tourist.tv
Here are a few more:

In the Zona Colonial for Italian food in a gorgeous setting, La Bricciola. On Merino.
On nice nights most table are in an open air courtyard.

For a try at "tipico" dominican food, try "Conuco" which is one block behind the Jaragua and the Melia hotels.

I like the Brazilian Rodizio at the Intercontinental.

For OK food in a natural cave, you should check out Meson De La Cava, and then go dancing at Guacara Taina.

Of course I spend most of my nights at Tony Romas, Fridays, Champions and the new Outback! I'm a meat and potatos kind of guy!

amy

Apr 15, 2002
Thx Rafael

I took note of these restaurants. I am actually staying at that Melia santo domingo hotel good choice????? Im leaving on Tuesday cant wait..

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
Jazmine

As Kaya pointed out, it's excellent.

Everything was exceptional; service, wine, martini's, app's, entree. Comparable to any fine rest. in any large city, very expenisive as you might expect.

The cook is very talented and if you feel like anything curry style or something along those lines ask to speak with him and I'm sure he'll do his best to make you what you want.

Last edited:

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
personal opinion: Fellini is DR's best restaurant by far

I've tried many restaurants around the coutnry, including all those listed here. Fellini (Roberto Pastoriza near Winston Churchill) is the best I've visited. It compares favorably with top restaurants in New York, London and Paris - - just my opinion. Have a great trip