santiago airport

harold

Mar 23, 2002
Has any one being to the new air port in Santiago? Is it nice? When I saw it in construction I thought they were making it to close to the mountains. Does it look better than Puerto Plata's or the capital's?

dms3611

Bronze
Jan 14, 2002
New Airport in Santiago

Been there...access road still not paved...AA pilots complaining about the flight path to land and takeoff....airport is real nice looking since its new, however the baggage clain area is a potential nightmare with any volume of passengers (small) . They are, however, in process of adding more. Hard to believe you could not forsee the problem with that...but thats the way it rolls in these type of projects.

Best, Dave

qisqeyana@aol.c

Apr 19, 2002
The airport looks niece , but incomplete, that systems there never changes, half-done road which will never get completed is usual. La Chiva Road, in Licey Abajo, been in comstruction since my older daughter was eighteen months old, I went back when she was 27, and is still not a completed road its a mess. Remember those goregin loans for public works have to be paid, soner or later. There are already problems with the water supply in the residential area. The airport has problems with the electric power.