ENGLAND vs brazil

John

Jan 1, 2002
If you are intersted in watching the football match tomorrow morning with some (almost) dedicated supporters come to Champions Sports bar in the Hotel Jaragua. The match starts at 2.30am (yep an bloody unsociable hour but have to blame God for puting Korea and Japan on the other side of the world).

If England wins Michael and Ross promise to buy everyone a bottle of champagne (I think that's what they said). If England lose then ........ well at least the Brazilians will be happy!

Hope to see you there,

Early start

But I'll be watchin, in the end some will smile and others will frown. Hope a big upset takes place. Go Brits.

cart76.gif

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Hope England wins for all our sakes or Robert will bann us all after what we did today. Go Brits :bunny:

arenas809

May 22, 2002
I'm very disappointed, was up watching the whole game...what the hell was Beckham doing on the sideline, jumping over the ball so brasil can take it away and get a goal during stoppage time in the first half? What the hell was Seaman doing on that free kick? There's the game right there...England played soft, they had a man advantage and Brasil played like they had the advantage, Brasil came to play, England didn't, England goes home...I'm at work, still mad...I guess now we have to cheer for U.S.? :)

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I didn't think there was any doubt about who would win this game. It was a World Cup soccer game, not a cricket Test Match.

Musicqueen

Miami Nice!
Jan 31, 2002
Rob and England...

My condolences, sir!

Now for the finals...BRASIL VS. GERMANY

(I personally don't like any of the other teams playing right now!)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
I'm in Prague, the beer is cheap, the city wonderful so I'm happy.

Killed me to watch England play, Brazil deserved the win.
I found England to be very un-creative, oh well... Germany 2006!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Spain robbed blind!! Turkey wins in OT

Spain was robbed of two goals. Instant replay has to come to futbol or else there will be disaster. Especially since the home audience can see it right there. It is prohibiited that they show the replays in the stadiums so as not to "pressure" the refs.. Bull!

And Turkey dominated a game against the Senegal that sure didn't seem to know how to pass the freakin' ball!.. they have such ball handling talent and then don't seem to do anything with it..

Turkey got a brilliant goal-like several that they messed up in the regular time-at about 3:45 of overtime.. Beautiful goal, no questions...If Spain had lost like that I don't think it would have hurt as much

But to be literally robbed by referees that were out of position is very poor....

England had her chances, dominated the first half...Sorry Rob..
The beer in ChecH Republic will make up for it...

HB
beerchug.gif

Drake

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
England Brazil Match Report

Rob - Last Friday morning the Jaragua Champions lounge was a sea of yellow. I did n't know there were so many Brazilians in this country. I spotted a Brit in the middle of the crowd so we made that our base. There must have been about ten English supporters and 200 Brazilians!. Sporting two Union Jack flags (one borrowed from the Embassy) and a few banners we managed to make a bit of noise. When Michael Owen scored the first goal, we went nuts. I thought we had it in the bag only to be disappointed by the later events. We had a good time anyway.

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Does that make any sense??

Brazil WM-title in 1994. Second to last time in 1970
Add: 1994 + 1970 = 3964

Argentina WM-title in 1986. Second to last time in 1978.
Add:1986 + 1978 = 3964

Deutschland WM-Titel in 1990. Second to last time in 1974.
Add:1990 + 1974 = 3964

And now a bold assuption:
WM-title in 2002 same as the one in 1962.
Sub: 3964 - 2002 = 1962

WM-title in 1962: BRAZIL!!!

Where is Mondongo?

X