Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
AEROMAR AIRLINES OF DOMINICAN REPUBLIC

AEROMAR LINEAS AEREAS DOMINICANAS

The tale need to paint in MIAMI

18-June-2002
by ? Egon Johansen

Aeromar Boeing 767-300
TF-ATT Almost ready for delivery. TF-ATT is formerly known as OY-KDH (with SAS in Star Alliance-colours). It has now been sold to Air Atlanta who has leased it to Aeromar.

B767-300 (?planepictures.nt)

aerodom1767.JPG

aeromar7671.JPG

By,

Cristian Garcia

powered by NSPinteractive

Last edited:

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Given Aeromar Performance

You'd think they would not label the planes so the delayed passengers would not throw the airline meal at them assuming they serve any.

Transat

Jan 1, 2002
the point is simple its dominican!! and they being doing a good JOB

That is why the dominican people are very proud of this airline because of the good job these people have being doing for the past 4 years.
And it represents and means a lot to the dominican nation to have and airlines such as this one.
And yes they do have a full service (dominican menu)on board and they do have a first class too.

They are the dominican flag carrier right now. and that is why thet are proud of them.
That aircraft

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Para los que no conocen mucho de aviacion no saben lo que siginifica eso tener ese aparato es una gran avance que Aeromar a dado.

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
I had more trouble getting a refund from Aeromar than I've ever had with any other airline. After being deliberately delayed and then lied to about when to expect payment, we finally had to go from Samana to Santo Domingo and the main office and then ended up having to demand to see the CEO of the airline. They paid up then, BEGRUDGINGLY.

We won't fly them again nor do we recommend that our guests use them. And unless I have a major change of heart, you won't see them on Samana Net.

And 'wud you're right: posting pictures is a waste of bandwidth and is also free advertising which DR1 should not allow. Posting a URL is one thing, but pictures are another matter entirely.

El Jefe

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
wud, andy B

AMEN

Garcia has to post pictures etc. He hasn't an original idea in his head. At least he once in a while has started aknowledging the people he is "borrowing" from.

Marilyn

Bronze
May 7, 2002
Andy B said:
I had more trouble getting a refund from Aeromar than I've ever had with any other airline. After being deliberately delayed and then lied to about when to expect payment, we finally had to go from Samana to Santo Domingo and the main office and then ended up having to demand to see the CEO of the airline. They paid up then, BEGRUDGINGLY.

We won't fly them again nor do we recommend that our guests use them. And unless I have a major change of heart, you won't see them on Samana Net.

And 'wud you're right: posting pictures is a waste of bandwidth and is also free advertising which DR1 should not allow. Posting a URL is one thing, but pictures are another matter entirely.

Andy, so you had trouble with Aeromar, I've had way more aggravations with American Airlines, Continental and the defunct Eastern Airlines... at least Aeromar feeds you.

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
aeromar

OK. guy's i agreed with everyone.
But let me tell you this:
I start in the aviation field since i was 17 year old. and i been around with more that 9 different airlines in the USA. also i work major airlines and nothinz is perfect, the always a excuse or delay, mechanichal problems, wehather irregular operations, filed conditions, security problems, luggage delay problems, meal services and union problems.

But most important that services is safety.
No matter what..some people complain about AA or Northwest, Delta, us air or british airways.

So most people looking for $$$ price's and schedulle flexibility.

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
Marilyn,
I too have had problems with other airlines but they were resolved quickly and with many apologies, free upgrades and free tickets. AND I didn't have to get in my car and drive for 4 1/2 hours across an island to sit in the airline's main office and have to argue to get my refund. That's the point of the post,...customer service, plain and simple.

And although you point out the difficulties you've had with some airlines, they probably at least TRIED to resolve the problem. At least many airlines TRY to provide customer service. And how's this for service: the now-defunct Eastern Airlines even held a plane for almost 1/2 hour for me (after my father had car trouble driving me across Florida from Daytona Beach to Tampa to catch the only plane heading north that Sunday afternoon) so I could get back to my airbase on time and not be counted AWOL many years ago. Believe me, both the crew and the passengers were relieved when I sprinted up the boarding stairs. And the crew (at least the stewardesses) were genuinely happy to have helped me, a worried, young airman in his Air Force blues. Now THAT'S service.

On the other hand, Aeromar would not hold a plane 5 minutes for us when we were delayed by an immense traffic jam leading to the Miami airport several years ago. We even called the ticket counter from the rental car turn-in office and advised them that we were on our way. The rental car driver broke every speed limit he could in the three blocks to the terminal trying to get us there before the plane left. And when I asked the agent why the plane left so quickly and couldn't wait several minutes for us all I got was a rather rude reply. As a result, we had to buy two one-way tickets from American to return to SD. Aeromar cost me an extra $540usd that trip.

And by the way, Aeromar did NOT feed us on the flight we took and in fact we were delayed leaving the SD terminal for over an hour while a mechanic worked on one engine to get it to start. When I asked him about this when he got on the plane to fly back to Newark (where the plane was based, it was chartered to Aeromar), he said there was no problem as long as they did not turn it off again as it would not restart without more work. Oh well, I figured if he stayed with the plane, we might as well too.

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
Lineas Aereas Dominicanas

We are talking about Aeromar Airlines, the currently national airline. Aeromar have maked a big re-organisation.

Aeromar fleet:

B767-383ER (B767-300) Loaned from Air Atlanta
B757-200ER Loaned from IcelandAir

the B727-200 will be back a soon as possible for the route SDQ and STI to San Juan

Aeromar future fleet:

B767-383ER (B767-300)
B757-200ER
B757-200ER
B767-300ER (not sure)
B747-200 or a DC10

Aeromar is at this moment the National Airline

Dominicana de Aviacion (Dominicana Airlines)
Will be privitzied,

1. Lufthansa
2. Lauda Air
3. Banks and other finiancie...

The Airline with HUBS in Santo Domingo:

Aeromar Lineas Aereas Dominicanas
LanDominicana (LanChile)
Pan Am Dominicana (Pan American Airways)
Aerocontinente Dominicana (Aerocontinente)
Dominicana de Aviacion (maybe Lufthansa)

We are proud with OUR National Airline, You are Americans, Canadians and not born in the DR

For use its beauiful, also whats AirTransat Sais above

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
We're talking about the SAME Aeromar Airlines and even you admit that their planes are not theirs but "on loan" (you mean chartered/leased don't you?). And they are not the "national" airline as they are privately owned. The "national" airline lies in shambles due to the inability to properly maintain or operate the airline.

And as far as us being Americans and Canadians not born in the DR, what does that matter? I LIVE here and everyday experience the DR which is more than you can say as you live in the Netherlands. Do you invest your time and money in the DR and it's people as I have? I think I believe more in the DR than you do.

Samana1

Bronze
Jan 4, 2002
www.samana-peninsula.com
Andy B LOCO

So, you wants say thats people born in the Dominican Republic, not belongs as Dominicans. You are profiting of the DR.

I have 2 houses one in tghe Netherlands and one in the DR

He, because im currently in the Netherlands.

HEY TIENES QUE DEVOLVER A USA , haahhaha

Transat

Jan 1, 2002
YES the same Aeromar

ANDY YOUR RIGHT their planes are not theirs
Their are lease to diferents companys. what does that matter?
the big ones like AA/AC/AF and many others world wide also have leased aircraft in their fleets and these planes belong to banks and airlines and companys specialized in aircraft leasing like ILFC.
And i think that YES they are de DOMINICAN NATIONAL FLAG CARRIER right now they are the only ones representing the Dominican Republic in the aviation industry.
Aeromar brought competition to the dominican republic and right now their flights are full .

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
I have plenty of comments but being born elsewhere and investing here is not one of them. Profiting from the DR? I think it's the other way around. However, I may have some comments for INDOTEL and ONDA. They regulate communications in the DR (including the internet) and I may "comment" to them regarding you're stealing material of mine and others. You want to play in that ball game?

Again I extend the invitation to come see me when you're here this summer and we'll go have a talk with the Fiscal and the local Minister of Tourism regarding copyright violation which is very much against the law in the DR.

Jan 1, 2002
Is very good, very good you defense a the Home Land, Dominican , Dominican National Carrier is Aeromar,

veras que Aeromar dominar? el AILA pronto, LOCO.

End Year Planning

2nd 757-200
and one plane 767-300, DC-10 or 747-200 for Madrid-Paris route

and 2003 years planning operate routes a Point in Latin America.

Andy you are an idiot.

disque que lo esperen, pero por eso quebro Dominicana, con funcionarios corruptos que el avion en cabecera de pista, y que el avion se devolviera a buscarlo, pero ni el presidente que sea, menos usted un simple viajero, y Eastern vea donde esta por esperarlo, jajajajajajjajaa espere al se?or Andy, retrasen el avion con todos los pasajeros que el se?or andy no ah llegado, jajajajaja, y si me esperan a mi, usted apuesto que es el primero es protestar, jajajajjajaja pero que risa, disque que lo esperen, pero eso lo comentar? yo a los pilotos de aqui jajajajaja.

Last edited:

Andy B

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
www.elmarinique.com
Stanley (or should I refer to you as your alter-ego, C. Garcia), stooping to insults is about your style. That is a good indicator of your mentality and moral character. Call me all the names you want but I STILL don't think Aeromar is a good airline and IF they are the national carrier, it figures. I have my opinion and you have yours.

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
aeromar

But eastern and all other airlines use to hold aircraft for any reasons. but right now since 1995..no one will hold aircraft for late pax or late connections flight...