Punta Cana - - - Which resort is better?

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
I am planning to visit PC and wanted your opinion on which resort is better: Paradisus or Barcelo Palace.

I looked at debbie site and it has been helpful. I just wanted to know who has been there and what you guys think?

thanks in advance....

mido

Bronze
May 18, 2002
The resorts are a little different in terms of beach and facilities but in terms of quality I would rate them both first class resorts and same level. Paradisus is a more in the center of Bavaro and it would be easier to leave the resort and explore the area, go shopping ect.

CaribbeanGeorge

"Creature of Leisure"
Jan 3, 2002
www.fuentesdellago.com
What U want ?

depends on what are you looking on your vacation, Punta cana beach resort & Golf, is a beauthiful, laid back hotel, with an excellent golf course, if you want luxury, the Royal uvero alto, (30 min fron bavaro) offers the best in qualilty. The others are just another hotel more.

eileenhot1

Mar 6, 2002
barcelo bavaro beach hotel

I have been to the barcelo resort 3 times already and loved it! The "Palace" hotel was more expensive, but you felt like you got special treatment and better choices of food. The "beach" hotel was alot more livelier, but just as good. I am going to a new hotel in the "mexican Riviera" next week, and I will definetely be comparing this resort to the "barcelo hotel chain in Punta cana. I would go back to the barcelo hotel anytime! Have fun wherever you chose>>>> Eileen

carlos

Super Moderator
Staff member
May 29, 2002
thanks guys/gals

I am traveling with my wife.

I have heard that both are really nice. I was a bit turned off at Paradisus because I hear they have annoying time share people trying to make you buy.

Conchman

Silver
Jul 3, 2002
www.oceanworld.net
Barcelo Palace

I havent been to the other one but the Barcelo Palace hotel was absolutely wonderful when I stayed there last weekend. The food was outstanding and the show/rooms/atmosphere top notch.