hideaway beach resort cabarete/sousa???

jmeginsk

Jun 24, 2002
Hola Todos!
I was wondering if anyone could give me a little information on the "Hideaway Beach Resort" condos located on the north coast near Cabarete and Sousa.
How far from the towns?
What the beach is like in that area?
How much does it cost to rent a moped?

Thank you so much-
Jake:cool:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
It can't be very far from either one.

It is only like 10-15 minutes from Sosua to Cabarete, so wherever it is it can't be very far..

Take a look at Coconut Palms. I was there last month and it looked very nice and friendly...good group of folks there, too..

HB
farmer.gif

mspearl

Jun 29, 2002
Hideaway Beach

Hideaway is between Sosua and Caberete. It is still in construction phase but nice place to stay. It does not have many a restaurant yet, but last time I was there in January, they have opened a bar. Rooms are very nice and spacious. Staff very nice and friendly. Beach is only good for surfing, tanning, reading, or romantic walks (not at night). Not good for swimming. Water too rough.

Marc

Jan 1, 2002
www.haugen.ca
Hideaway - it's hidden alright!

If you don't have wheels, I wouldn't recommend this place. Try and stay in Cabarete or Sosua (proper) for a trip where you can get around a lot easier and see more without worrying about transport.

I lived at Coconut Palms...super nice, and again you will need transport (readily available, however) to see anything or go anywhere, including the beach.

good luck
marc

Marc

Jan 1, 2002
www.haugen.ca
y tambien

You may want to check the archives about renting a moped before trying that one. Sketchy at best, public transit is cheap and readily available.

marc

mspearl

Jun 29, 2002
Coconut Palms

I stayed at Coconut Palms also. O.k. but not super nice. No air conditioning and it is very hot over there right now.

I would not recommend driving over there either. Those people drive worse than the people in Chicago or New York.:eek:

Agree public transportation is cheap and accessible.

ms pearl