Pan Am Returns to the Caribbean

mark porter

Jun 14, 2002
Pan American Airways will return to the Caribbean, Central, and South America bringing with it new employment opportunities for the struggling aviation industry, and all of us should thank them. For it is carriers like the NEW PAN AM as well as Air Tran, SouthWest, MidWest Express that are helping the aviation industry not hurting it or the people that work so very hard in it. Sure I am very proud of Pan Am and am a very big believer it their current strategy as I believe it to be the correct course of action. I am also not a stock holder in PAN AM as they are a privatly held company and are currently not selling even private stock! I do not believe that a carrier should continue providing service on money loosing routes, that is suiside Criss!!!!! Criss favors the majior carriers for they offer him more planes, more times, and more destinations well lets look at this, Currently the large carriers that Criss so proudly favors and I'm sure holds stock in are BILLIONS of dollars in debt!!!!!! US AIRWAYS or shall we call it in the very near future Criss Airways providing he is willing to assume their debt of $ 2.2 BILLION DOLLARS in Bank loans and leesor repayments (ie AIRBUS INDUSTRIES). US AIRWAYS is seeking a $900 Million dollar goverment Bail out! Those bail out dollars belong to every north american and I am angry that we the american people should feel obligated to bail out Crisses US AIR, UNITED (which is currently seeking $ 1.8 BILLION in loan guarentees) AMERICA WEST which has receved $ 380,000 and I,m sure AMERICAN AIRLINES will follow as they to owe $ 2 BILLION in bank and BOEING repayments. Watch for the majors to reduce service not expand service and keep a close eye on Criss Airways/ US AIRWAYS as it goes Chapter 11. Now as for Pan American Airways do you all remember when you were so badly hit by a hurricane two years ago???? Well who was it that immediatly flew in suplies???????? was it Crisses beloved US AIRWAYS, or American Airlines, no sorry give up.......... well Criss it was PAN AMERICAN AIRWAYS!!!!!!!! Even though they only had a fleet of 5 aircraft at the time they the Wealthy Cowboys who only want to fly as you so well put it, cared enough for the Dominican people to send in their entire fleet with supplies at their cost!!!! Not big wealthy American AIRLINES or your beloved Us Air or anyone else!!!!!!!!!! So next time your outside look up in the sky and when you see that big BLUE BALL of Pan Am just think for one minute that just maybe if were all smart enough this time and we support this carrier of ours!!!!! American as well as US AIRWAYS will be good to us instead of asking top dollar to all destinations!!!! And for that you can simply thank the new Pan Am, Aeromar, and Aero Continente.