info needed

Linasmiles

Jun 21, 2002
Hello everyone....I am going to the DR at the end of July and I want to know how much a ferry would cost me to go from DR to Puerto Rico roundtrip for the day?

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Here is the Link for Info

I just typed into Google.com

Dominican Republic Puerto Rico ferry

and here is the URL for the schedule and price for you:

http://www.puertoricowow.com/html/ferry.html

FYI they say it is 11-12 hours ( it is at least 80+ miles) so I am not sure a round trip in a day won't be essentially a round trip that literally takes 24 hours.

You can stay on the DR/Mayaquez ferry and it leaves at 8 p.m. arrives 8.am. in PR leaves immediately at 8 a.m. and arrives back in DR at 8.pm.

For $109-$247 each way per person you might want to get off and stay a day at one end or the other. There is another non car ferry that takes 14 hours (!)

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Just looked at that website myself. Looks to me that your best bet would be to take the ferry to San Juan instead of Mayaguez. It is a little longer trip, but the schedule is better. When you got to San Juan, there would be time to see the Old City and whatever else you were interested in before you had to board the ferry to return.

The other ferry goes to Mayaguez. Your options are either to stay overnight or return immediately. I've spent quite a bit of time in both places. For things to do, San Juan is far better than Mayaguez

Linasmiles

Jun 21, 2002
Well thanks for the info, it was very helpful. I think I will save that trip for another time. I am going to be in the DR for only 10days so that would take 2 whole days out of my trip. My fam there will just have to wait until I come and see them on a seperate trip. Thanks again for all the info ;)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You can fly cheaper

heck, you can fly to PR for about $200, more or less. Takes 45 minutes....You could go in the morning and return in the evening...

think about it...

HB, world traveller...
needs_a_shave.gif

znaika.gif

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
I hated the ferry...we boarded at 4:00 PM and we finally departed the ferry at Mayaguez at 11:00 AM the next day. The food was overpriced and terrible, there were no cabins left, and if there are, they cost $60 US. If you don't have a cabin, you sleep on the floor or on tables and chairs...we took the ferry there, and were so happy to fly back.

Linasmiles

Jun 21, 2002

I thought about flying too but I think that once I was there I would want to spend more time, so I think I will save PR for another trip cause I want to spend as much time in the DR on this trip. Thanks for all the good info I do appreciate it.