Colleges

Margarita

Jul 1, 2002
I was wondering, do you consider colleges in the US equal, lesser, or more challenging as compared to those in the DR. I will be attending college in Santiago and Santo Domingo and was wondering if I should expect a heavy workload, to be stressed out or will it be a breeze? All responses are welcomed and I appreciate your help. :cool:

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
I don't know about the US...

Here it will depend on the university you will attend. But let me tell you, I had nightmares even 3-4 yrs after graduating. That's how stressed I was. I would say the hardest (judging from my experience and that of my parents and siblings) are PUCAMAIMA AND INTEC.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Which one are you going to?

I imagine that it will be UTESA....it will be a walk in the park. You pay your money and eventually you get a piece of paper...not worth much in the marketlplace, but it is a degree..

IF you go to PUCMM or INTEC, be prepared to renounce Satan and all his work, all social activities, all fun, for four or five years.. Then you die!

HB
znaika.gif

Margarita

Jul 1, 2002
I will be attending PUCMM in Santiago and FLASCO in Santo Domingo. Now I am worried, thus the warning given above. Anybody know anything about FLASCO?

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
To be honest, I have no idea what FLASCO is. And if you are attending PUCMM (Pucamaima, darn spelling) then you are going to one of the two finest universities(give me that HB) here, world class material. If you know your stuff and are interested in learning you will be ok. And you'll also have fun, not as much as you'll like though.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Aha! then you will see me!!

As your time draws near, get in touch. I have been at PUCMM for 37 years, and might know a ting or two....hehehe

HB
jestera.gif

I think FLASCO has to do with Social Sciences, but I haven't looked it up...Want me to??

I am so curious! Yes, that is what it is. It is located on JJ Perez in the Gascue Section of Santo Domingo and the tel is 809 686 6334

Last edited:

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
I have an inlaw who was in law school so long he had a kid while he was in school and she graduated before he did.

go figure....