Cant Wait to Visit

Kellygirl

Jul 1, 2002
Hola. I have a few questions about the Dominican Republic before I come visit in December. I was wondering how well I will do touring the country with only basic knowledge of spanish. Are there many people there who speak English? Also what should I make sure I see while I am there. I am so excited about visiting. Thanks for your help. ;)

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
how are you planning to travel? rental car? bus? guided tour?

Knowing Spanish makes things much easier. My Spanish is pretty bad and I dont think I would want to travel alone with no or limited knowledge of spanish.. Ordering food, getting direction, hotels, public transportation, will all be very difficult (but not impossible) with out it...

Kellygirl

Jul 1, 2002
I will be traveling witha native dominican who is very fluent. I am just not sure if it will be the experience I wold like or if I will feel left out because I cannot understand things like others. Thats why I was wondering if there would be ohters in the same boat or if I will feel like an outsider. Thanks for the info. Greatly appreciated

sjh

aka - shadley
Jan 1, 2002
www.geocities.com
In that case you shouldnt have too many travel problems...

The social situation will be entirely up to you, your personality, and your friend. I think you will find that most people will be friendly and interested in meeting you and trying to talk with you... If you are somewhat attractive, I am sure you will find lots of fellas looking for a dance at the disco etc...

you really won't know if you like it until you have tried it, but in any case it is sure to be an eye opening experience that you will never forget.

Read posts in the archives... lots of good warnings on what to look out for (search on sankies)... Also plenty of posts on where to visit and what to expect..

Kellygirl

Jul 1, 2002
Thank you that helps greatly. My friend is very friendly and she has told me also that all the guys will try to hit on me. I love to dance and party so it sounds like I will do ok. I may just have a difficult time understanding what the guys are trying to say to me. Hahah I appreciate all your help. I am so excited about going now!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
"Hit upon" What a euphemism for "Wanna do it?"

Oh you'll have fun al right...Sun screen, bug repellent, stomach medicine, oral contraceptives...all part of your packing list.

Partying starts at 11 p.m. and continues until 4 a.m.....Sundays are for partying, not getting ready for work on Monday.

Most partying will be done unter the semi-vigilant eye of a family member...

HB, wishing you a safe journey and a wonderful time here.....

"Eh, miss? Jew are so beeuteefool! I luf jew so mucho!" Les dance!?"

Hehehe
jestera.gif

Carolina066

Jun 1, 2002
Kelly in the DR

Yep, Hillbilly, Kelly is going to love it in the DR, but she should plan
on packing some latex condoms, since her oral contraceptives won't do a thing for her against genital warts, SIDA, herpes or any of the other indelicate things that are going around. I realize this comment from me may set off a lot of negative responses, but I really would not like this young woman to bring back any unwanted and lasting-for-a- lifetime souvenirs.

"Kelly is going to love it in the DR, but she should plan
on packing some latex condoms since her oral contraceptives won't do a thing for her against genital warts, SIDA, herpes or any of the other indelicate things that are going around."
Who says that Kelly is that type of girl, maybe she will remain a virgin. Not everyone wants to be f....d, there is more in the DR than sex and promiscuity.

Thanks for the email Carolina, you are right in many senses but HB is right use common sense also.

Kelly "enjoy your trip" and report on your findings when you return.
booty2.gif

Last edited:

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Kelly,

I think you can tour the country without the Dominican and NO Spanish and do fine. Just don't try to get a drivers license or citizenship or anything else that is so complicated that you would need the help. Dominicans Love Americans and will bend over backwards to help you have a good time. A couple few words in Spanish is all you need. Cervesa is beer or you can just say Presidente por favor.

Don't listen to these people. Even fat gals have a good time so I hear:)

Escott

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Maybe I should have included

A major dose of common sense in my little reminder. Of course these days, latex condoms are just that, I guess..

Hb, ah...for the good "old"days
bandit.gif

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Nooo. Back when

A "dose" was curable with a shot or two of penicillen....not a Death Certificate.

HB

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
jazzcom likes the dominicans who bendover backwards to help you have a goodtime,

............I prefer the ones that bendover "Frontwards"!CRISCO

Kellygirl

Jul 1, 2002
Hahahah guys thanks for all your help. Im not fat or ugly. I am cute and blonde. I didnt even think about sex going there hahaha. I am now. It sounds like thats all they do over there. People really go to DR just to have sex? Hahah thats hillarious. You can have sex anywhere. I wanna party. Anyways I will be sure to bring some latex condoms just in case.....