Domincan Student Transfering to Puerto Rico

arroyodmb

Mar 13, 2002
If a secondary school pupil has the offer of residency in Puerto Rico through the granny. Whom has stayed legally and worked for many years in Puerto Rico. Is it possible for the pupil to be accepted in an University there or would the pupil have to study in College to raise his standards to an University entrance level?

What are the advantages and the disadvantages in doing this?

The pupil is awaiting the dreaded "Pruebas Nacionales", but is in the top of his group at "El Liceo" having passed his exams easily.

We do not wish to get his hopes up if it is not practical or straight forward.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
If he passes the National tests

And if he gets the results back in a timely fashion, I would suppose, in fact, I am sure that he would be eligible for entrance to one of PR's universities...
He will need a Certificate of Graduation from Secondary School, and a Record of his grades...
Lots of kids from here have done this..

HB
bandit.gif

arroyodmb

Mar 13, 2002
Thank you Hillbilly for your response. Point taken as regards the processing of results from the "Pruebas Nacionales", even Britain can have it's problems with marking their exams and having the results out in time.

Will pass on your comments to his mother and Granny. Greatly appreciated.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
De nada, my friend

Good to see that the young man is looking forward...And let me add that in PR he canget a great education...no kidding...
Interamerican, UPR and UPR - Mayaguez are all very good schools. Cat?lica in Ponce and the Sacred Heart in Santurce are also pretty good. And, there are lots of regional, feeder colleges in places like Caguas, Guaynabo and Cayey(?)

Good luck,

HB
znaika.gif