Amet police everywhere in santiago

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Make sure you guys have your seat belts on or you will get pulled over. These transit police guys are crawling all over the city in their new SUV's and fast hi powered motorcyles. They are handing out tickets even at late night. last night I saw many cars being towed away at many major intersections all over santiago. I am not sure for what sorts of violations but they were loading cars on tow trucks all over santiago. I would imagine they were taking cars away from people who were running red lights and didn't have their proper papers of the vehicle at the time.
I remember when it was fun to drive and run red lights at night when no one was on the road. Those days seem to have become part of the past. Its hard enough you can't bribe yourself out of situations and now you have to stop at red lights on empty roads at night? Totally unacceptable.
This is becoming too much like the civilized country i left. Where do I go next? Guatemala?

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Do you have a driver's license now?

If you do, the process is relatively simple, I am told.

I only use my Florida license since one time it took me over two years to try and renew my DR license.

If you have a valid license, you should not have any problems...

HB
bandit.gif

Pavan

Jan 18, 2002
the best way

i was there last week. went all over the place. and did not drive at all.

i am convinced this is the best way to move around in dom rep.

oh! and the presidentes tasted ever so good without having to worry about driving

NoMoreSnow

Apr 10, 2002
AZB did you say "bribery"

.. I suggest you read the "bribery post" and remind yourself of the 6 months in jail.

NMS
Proudly upholding the DR "tipping" laws

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I read on DR1,must be true right?

That after 45 days "In Country" your "home countries" drivers license is not valid here.Also that your insurance company will not pay up if you are driving on a more than 45 day in country stayand the vehicle is crashed.I don,t know,but I gave the "Jeepetta" back to friend from New York cause I didn't want to take a chance! CRISCO