US Consular Agency Office in POP?

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Is there a US Consular Agency office in Puerto Plata? Came across a Consular Information Sheet dated 9/26/01 on internet that indicated there was an office at Calle Beller 51, 2nd floor, office 6, phone 586-4204.

Does anyone know if the office is still open? Supposedly expatriates and visitors can register and/or get information/assistance there Monday-Friday, 9-12, 2:30-5pm.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Supposed to be.

Bill Kirkman is supposed to be the Consular Agent. People have told me that his son is doing the job now. Don';t really know.

They don't issue visas.

HB

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Ken,
The address & Tel No. were correct when I left that building just over a year ago (I worked two offices up the corridor, in the same office as the British Consul). I was in there 2 months ago & the girl behind the desk remained the same as before so I presume it is still the same office & personnel.

HB is right (when is he ever NOT??) Bill Kirkman might still be the official US Consular Agent - but it could easily have been paased over for his son to manage. Bill used to go in on Tuesday or Thursday mornings but would make "Special" arrangements for other days if he had to. If you get no success from the girl in the office (Angella as I recall) try getting hold of Bill at Sea Horse Ranch near Sosua - He owns that place!

Good luck - Grahame.