shot from the hip

oliver

Jul 8, 2002
Good morning, its a wonderful summer-day in Scandinavia, but the tropics are always on my mind since I served as a Swedish diplomat in Nicaragua, Panama and Costa Rica. At 58 I left the service to "buscar nuevas horizontes". I am fluent in Spanish, French and English. Any hints or advise on how to find a job ( or a living) in D.R. would be greatly appreciated. I am open to suggestions, I can invest up to 300.000 USD but could also condiser teaching. Hav a nive day,

oliver :alien:

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
With US $300,000 to invest you don't HAVE to work!! Invest it wisely & take a monthly income from it - you won't be able to spend all the interest each month I promise!!

You best bet? - Come over when you are ready, invest enough to live off & leave the rest back home until you have tried the water here. Look around for something you ENJOY doing (& if you earn some extra pesos, so much the better) rather than getting involved with something that you have done before - it's so much more stimulating!!

Feel free to e-mail if you want more info about living on the North Coast of the DR - I immigrated here from England 10 years ago. I have Some friends from Sweden who you could also correspond with. Forget those other countries ..... the DR is MUCH better!!
Regards & good luck - Grahame.