my classified ad

lhtown

Jan 8, 2002
I did it! I posted a classified ad here on DR1 advertising some air conditioners and a generator I am selling. The process was very easy-which is partly why I did it here instead of putting it in the newspaper. Also, I wanted to reach the English-speaking community with my "message." So far, there have been no calls, but I will keep you posted on how it goes! If it works, for the cost of $20, it will be a great deal in my opinion, considering how easy it was.

lhtown

Jan 8, 2002
not sold yet, but maybe soon!

Well, we certainly are in the right time of year to sell air conditioners. Now if anyone just had electricity to run them...

So far after about three weeks, I think we are up to five responses from this site and one through a friend. Four of the responses have come within the last week or so. Hopefully, one of them will buy all three. I would like to sell all three together, but they are on a first-come-first-serve basis. So far, the ad has done exactly what I wanted in creating a small number of very interested contacts. I think only one person has even expressed interest in the generator so far.

One thing that is great about the ad service on this site is that it allows you to change the ad after you post it. Now, if only I hadn't lost my customer number to access my ad....

lhtown

Jan 8, 2002
didn't sell, but would do it again

Well, my ad has now officially expired after one month. Unfortunately, my things did not sell, but I did receive the calls/E-mails that I was expecting-about five or so from DR1. Overall, it was a good experience with DR1 and one that I would happily repeat although I have no plans to take out another ad to advertise the same things again.

One thing that could be improved is the amount of traffic that the classified section receives. Perhaps when an ad is posted it could be added to the daily news that is sent out by E-mail. Or perhaps when new members sign up for the daily news they could elect to receive the classifieds as they are posted from at least one category. Another idea would be to give free advertising to restaurants or resorts that would offer coupons on their ad so that more people would go to the classified section looking for coupons.