info. about film

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
I need information about film.

Where can you purchase good film at a good price in the DR?

Are there shops that do in-house slide developing?

Any information would be appreciated.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Easy question. Try something harder.

Yes you can get any film that you need. Yes you can get slides developed. No hassle.

Kodak, Fuji both have large presences here. You can drop off your film at a Nacional Supermarket and they will do the rest..

HB........ NEXT!

MaineGirl: I saw your comment about having film shipped here. No, that is not the way to do it.
Most of us use a private mail forwarder-currently, I am using Business Mail, which is ok +/_. You start an account with them, they give you a number and an address in Miami and you have all your small stuff sent there. They get it for you and you pay them a small fee per pound and any customs duties incurred. They usually avoid the normal customs fees, so it comes out a lot better than you going to the Customs house and banging heads with the burocrats there.
BANGHEAD2.JPG

This would be the way for you to get your film, if you are not happy with what is available here...

HB

Last edited:

jojocho

Jul 10, 2002
For developing your pictures, specially if they're slides, I would recomend Polanco Color, which is located on the Abraham Lincoln Ave., between the 27 de Febrero Ave. and the Roberto Pastoriza.

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
thanks

I've just started taking pictures with a "real" camera. Complete novice, but figured I should know about the film.

The info. is appreciated. HB, the mail forwarder from Miami is similar to what we used when living in Venezuela.

Sorry my question was too easy. Thanks for answering anyway.

Jojocho: what city is that address in?

Mainegirl (sheepish newbie)

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Mojojojo was talking about Santo Domingo

YOu can get your stuff done there in POP, or, if not, in the Nacional Supermarket in Santiago or at any of the FOTOCOLOR offices around the country.

HB
mutley-ani1.gif