La Romana Pasteur

Meredith

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
Jan 24, 2002
I got this e-mail awhile back, but it had a virus attatched to it. Does anyone know is this pasteur is real, or if these churches are?

Rev. Jean Luc Phanord "Preche La Parole"

Igleisas Afiliadas
1. La Romana
2. Cacata
3. Esperanza
4. Coradin (205)
5. Batey 203
6. Las Cejas
7. Magdalena
8. Guazuma
9. Lima
10. Lechuga
11. Copey
12. Altagracia
13. Brador
14. Batey 11
15. Batey 105
16. El Salado

Anyone know? I just thought that it was strange I got this email from the Republica Dominica, but it was a virus.

The title was: Misionera Haitiana, Inc. Calle

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Why was it sent? Did you just get this list of churches without explanation, or was money requested?

I wouldn't trust anything that came to me from some unknown group, especially if a virus was attached.

Meredith

Jan 24, 2002
I don't know why it was sent. Money wasn't requested, but it did include a phone number and a video time length. It's just strange because I have done a lot of work with Haitian communities, but have no idea what the e-mail means, or the group that sent it.
Thanks for the help though!:confused:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Viruses & e-mails

You were on somebody's e-mail list. the visus got to them. In turn, the virus started sending emails of random mails to everyone on the email address book.

I just got three e-mails from Punta Cana??? When these things show up, dump them immediately!

HB, the all wise....

Meredith

Jan 24, 2002
Thanks HB...

I should know better. It's just when I get e-mails from the DR, my curiousity gets the better of me! Oh, well.... at least I have a new contact if I ever need it! hee, hee...

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You would be better off

doing an on-line virus scan..those can be nasty... McAfee offers them

Obviously, your anti virus software caught this beastie in time...but--just in case??

HB
bandit.gif