Charter flights / airline consolidaters

Bride to be

Jul 16, 2002
I am planning a wedding in the DR next year sometime between mid April - June. Does anyone have any idea who I should speak to about organizing inexpensive flights for a group from New York?

Any input is greatly appreciated. :cool:

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Bride to be said:
I am planning a wedding in the DR next year sometime between mid April - June. Does anyone have any idea who I should speak to about organizing inexpensive flights for a group from New York?

Any input is greatly appreciated. :cool:

How many passengers? You are not likely to find consolidators/bucket shops selling to DR since it is not really considered international but charters are cheap and any good tour operator should be able to find air only assuming you have enough people for a good price. You did not say where in the DR - I think most if not all charters go to La Romana or Punta Cana plus a few to the North Shore now, depends on the time of year - more up to May then usually summer only to the aforementioned.

Bride to be

Jul 16, 2002
wedding in the DR

The wedding is on the North Coast so, we need to fly to Puerto Plata. There are at least 50 people and it could be up to 100.

Any good tour operators that you know?

Thanks Rick.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
I Would Think any Good Sized Travel Agent in NY

would LOVE to talk to you about 50-100 seats on a charter to PP or Sosua. Call one.

Bride to be

Jul 16, 2002
NY Tour operator / Travel Agent

You'd be surprized at how difficult it is to find a good tour operator / travel agent in NY. I've found a lot of lazy ones but creative and efficient is another story. I will let you know if I come up w/anything. Are you looking to go down w/a group as well?

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Charter

ALso call AA/TWA/us air/aeromar and talk to group desk.

Also look into airlines website they have some info about charter flights.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
I Would not fly on a charter to save my dog's life

(Though he died some 7 years ago).

Service is pathetic, never on time, add stops where and when you were not told in advance and have 1 inch of leg room.

And they fly weekly whereas I fly sometimes 4 days sometimes 9 days, etc.

Find the tour catalogs in a travel agent that have DR as a destination - go to the web sites of the tour companies (e.g. in Canada Sunflight, Conquest, AlbaTours etc.) and you will find contact info for the tour operator and often a company they own that also sells the packages and then deal direct.

Otherwise for 100 people you might get a convention fare from AA or Continental, they gave group sales offices and you can ask them.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Advice

Latino2002 said:
ALso call TWA/aeromar and talk to group desk.

Also look into airlines website they have some info about charter flights.

Maybe you should skip Aeromar, "Bride to Be" till they improve service just a tad.

Does TWA still exist since they were bought a year ago by American? I don't think so.

US Air flies from Philly, so that is a trifle far away from NYC.
Continental = Newark, AA= JFK.

Latino2002

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Charter flights

Contact Charter Flights

So that we can better serve you, please have the following information available when you telephone us:

Origin
Destination
Group size
Time of day
Approximate dates of travel
Any special requirements
Phone: 404-715-2428 or 404-773-3593 (8 am to 5 pm Eastern Time)

M

Meng

I can help you out...

Tell me all the details, and I can get you 50-100 seats to Puerto Plata, or Santiago.... Please email me at rpb11@hotmail.com Tell me all the details, and Im pretty sure Aeromar can help you out now that they have Modern Airplanes, and offer great service.... Im in Boston... Send me an email...

latinaviation

Jan 6, 2002
Bride to Be-

Read the other posts on Aeromar. They're about as reliable as a Yugo.

I'd call AA's Group Desk and get a group/wedding rate. They have all kinds of plans for weddings and, most of the time, upgrade you and your hubby to First Class. I don't work for AA, but have had great experiences in dealing with their folks. 1-800-221-2255.

Brian