Opinion

Oscar The Grouc

Jul 16, 2002
gay.com
When I was first made aware of this website (approximately 1 month agao) I found it to be somewhat interesting and slightly informative.

Now that I have studied the past messages and archives, I find it to be the *home* for self righteous, self appointed, self annoited ignorant people who actually are taken in by their own words. Have any of you ever really read your own posts? Have any of you ever asked a friend or contemporary to comment on your remarks? If you have and you still believe in what you post, your are indeed very sad people

I can?t wait to re-visit this website to find the posts?"who does he or she think she is, coming to our area where we hold court, where theya are not know and making comments on our opinions?" Well fools, know that is what you write, just as I do, OPINIONS. The sad difference is that you take yourselves seriously and try to impress your twisted logic and ideas upon others. Anyone who takes any of the comments from this site is deserving of the stupidy and erroneous information gathered within.

In my reviews of the past messages I find that a few years past this board was quite informative. now it is nothing but a site for the lonely, depressed and lovelorn, with those posting pictures of themselves in hopes of gaining accepatnce (please Theresa, you look like you have been ridden hard and put away wet, Music Queen, you may have been OK in your prime, but that was 15 years ao. Hillbilly, you look like a kindly old gent, but? Mondogo, just what are you doing by that stream? Jane J, Anne Hensch would be infuriated if she were compared to your tired worn plastic smile)

This should give you plenty of substance to write your rebuttals, first emailing one another to comment on my brashness, but stop and think, have a friend read your posts, let someone you trust tell you just how silly and pathetic you appear.

Meredith

LiVe ThE LiFe YoU iMaGiNeD
Jan 24, 2002
Wow!! You do certainly have a way with making friends! How do you do it Oscar the grouch???????

D

Dubld

I hear shades of O&C here! Hey-since you are so perfect,why not post a picture of yourself so we can see what you are all about. I think you aremissing the point that there are topic areas for serious and fun topics, and that several friendships have been struck by users of this board. If there's something you don't like then go elsewhere.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
You da man...

Love the post, you are fab! I would love to be like you some day.

When you get back tell us how you really feel and don't hold back now ya hear!

Rob, is this post from Thailand also?:)

Kindest regards,
Escott

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
If it's any help....

Oscar The Grouc is based in Santo Domingo. I'll let you draw your own conclusions...

Theresa

Vettehead from Buckhead
Jan 16, 2002
"Ridden hard and put away wet?" For someone who started having sex at 20 and is 29, I don't think so! Yeah... I'm wetter then half of the shirveled up old women you probably date, Oscar, too bad ugly duckling. Only a fool makes fun of pictures and has no balls to post their own. Come on you chopo from Villa Mella put you ugly mug up there and we'll see who's been ridden hard.

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Another Live One

Another live one for the board!!!! "The pot calling the pan black."

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Constructive criticism is always welcome on this board ................. Try it sometime!!!!!

You obviously have a very selective form for reviewing posts as there are some extremely informative & well constructed posts submitted & these get responses of "Thanks" from the original questioners - Check the archives again looking for the words "Thanks" & "Thank you"!! There are several people on this board who DO give sane & reasonable advice - I try to emmulate them, sometimes succeeding, sometimes failing. If posters here wish to heed my information/help/advice 'good', if not, they have that right & I do not take offense.

Your post I DO take offense at on behalf of the 5 or 6 very helpful, sensitive & compassionate posters who give their time & effort to helping others without thought of reward or plaudits. It is ill-conceived, inaccurate & solely produced to injure the feelings of others. Are you perhaps trying to set yourself up as "the self appointed, self annointed ignorant person who is actually taken in by his own words" in relation to monitoring board content? I thought we had Rob in that capacity!!!!

My approach to contributions over the past 4 years has not changed one bit - to be as informative & open as possible - normally this ends up in personal e-mails rather than chit-chat on here. Yours, however (no matter what name you write under), seem to be distructive & bitter - I fear YOU are the one with the problem, not those who joke & jest on this board!!

As AZB would say - "have a NICE day", but please have it somewhere else if you wish to continue in this vane (or should it be VAINE in your case?) - Grahame.:alien:

Linda Burchell

Jan 9, 2002
Good Response, Grahame

This is my first time responding on this forum.
Just for some peoples info, I travelled to the DR this past April and met up with Grahame for the first time ever.

I had posted a request on this board regarding bringing down and distributing clothing, etc., to a place where it was the most needed. Grahame responded, and a few e-mails later, and upon my arrival to the DR came to my hotel, picked us up and took us to his home to meet the lovely Ginny (his wife), served us refreshments and gave us a tour of his beautiful home. He then drove us to a place where we could carry out giving out many items we had brought with us! He went out of his way for people he had never even met before.

So Oscar the Grouche, perhaps you should reconsider your stand and not prejudge everyone on these posts. Think before you speak!!!

Janice Again

Jul 18, 2002
Setting myself up

For continued criticism, but what the heck.

If I read the post of the "Grouch" correctly, it seems to alluded to that the past postings of a couple years was far superior to the current topics, an opinion I share. If anyone not being familiar with the current topics or people were to summarily compare the subject matter, I feel they would concur on a high percentage of the criticism.

I also share in graham's indignation as the post was sweeping and not discriminating in the criticism of "all" posts, some posts today are as useful and informative of those past, but as a general opinion, I personally agree that the content has digressed

Janice

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
The board is what YOU make it...

If some people would stop moaning and started to contribute, then maybe in their eyes things would change. Sorry, I really have no time for people and posts like this.

We have some very informed people on this board that make it what it is. This is why in my humble opinion and many others it's the best on the DR and one of the busiest in the Caribbean.

Bottom line, either put up or shut up!

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Oscar The Grouc said:
Anyone who takes any of the comments from this site is deserving of the stupidy and erroneous information gathered within.

Not often we get a poster who so candidly evaluates his own self-serving post.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Oscar,deserves an "OSCAR"!

"And the winner is;Oscar the "Grouc" for best actor on a DR1 Forum,GENERAL"!I think we are all being had,or this guy is in need of "A LIFE" away from the Internet!I can't believe that someone would come "Out-Of-The-Blue" and make such an ignorant,pompus,self-rightous,antagonistic post as he did!"Well",I might,but I,m talking about so called "normal" people!This has to be a "Hoax"!I go with "TW" as the "perp"!A very "pseudo-intellectual" sounding post,yet with subtle grammatical and spelling errors,and poor syntax!(Not what you think "AZB")Again that sounds like me,but it is not!Well who cares,I am here to be entertainedand "Oscar The JerK" has entertained us.CRISCO

Bugsey34

Bronze
Feb 15, 2002
Oscar The Grouc said:
Now that I have studied the past messages and archives, I find it to be the *home* for self righteous, self appointed, self annoited ignorant people who actually are taken in by their own words.

That's what you think about all of us but then by the bottom of your post you resort to picking apart poster's physical attributes? Who's a self appointed (however that relates), self annointed ignorant person? Oscar, take a little old school advice... if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Stop typing, your brain is showing.

doslenguas

Jul 18, 2002
Oscar,
?No te preocupes, hombre! Just because a bunch of old rummy windbags takes themselves seriously doesn't mean you are required to. Laugh. Lighten up. If you read the idiocy re: prostitution and HIV/AIDS you'd Thank God (whoever she is) that you're not an old, scaly redneck who preys on impoverished kids and then jokes about it...