Help on jobs and places to live - :) any advice welcome....

Emma148

Jul 18, 2002
Just looking for some advice really, have travelled to DR a few times now, and in love with it, am looking to come out there at christmas for two weeks and hopefully try and line my self up for some work for 2003 or at least get a better idea of where to start. Am coming from the UK.

Have loads of Hotel experience (5 Years) and quite a bit of Pc/Internet programming knowledge. Does any one have any advice on where i can start to look or where to go when i get out there.

Am looking to be on the north coast - as near to Peuto Plata as possible.

Learning to speak spanish at the moment, any ideas i would be really grateful.

If i had a choice i would love to work in a hotel again, but am really not fussed on what i do.

Cheers for anyones help in advance!!!

Emma

richard

Jan 1, 2002
Emma148 said:
Just looking for some advice really, have travelled to DR a few times now, and in love with it, am looking to come out there at christmas for two weeks and hopefully try and line my self up for some work for 2003 or at least get a better idea of where to start. Am coming from the UK.

Have loads of Hotel experience (5 Years) and quite a bit of Pc/Internet programming knowledge. Does any one have any advice on where i can start to look or where to go when i get out there.

Am looking to be on the north coast - as near to Peuto Plata as possible.

Learning to speak spanish at the moment, any ideas i would be really grateful.

If i had a choice i would love to work in a hotel again, but am really not fussed on what i do.

Cheers for anyones help in advance!!!

You could start by checking the classifieds on DR1, also www.popreport.com

and www.domvista.com

You could also check the Sosua group.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sosuadominicanrepublic/

Pease keep in mind there are many ex-pats living in the tourist areas such as Sosua who usually hear about the best jobs first and have the connections to get them. Good luck.

Richard

:cool: :cool:

Last edited: