Citizenship - How do i start??? HELP

Emma148

Jul 18, 2002
am looking to come to the DR Early next year to stay at least a year or two, am from the UK and aiming to be on the North Coast - P/Plata if i can. Will be needing to work so, am stuck on what to do??

Where do i start?? any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Infact - any advice on moving over, getting a job, accomm etc Even better...

Thanks

Emma148

Jul 18, 2002
quick question

Thanks for your quick reply, much appreciated. quick question - Can you actually work in the DR without residency, not sure if this was right or not, but when i was out there last i met a girl who was british and was working just on a tourist card? can you do that ?? or do you have to apply for residency??

Emma148

Jul 18, 2002
thanks for replying

If i was to fly out get a job and somewhere to live - on a tourist card, do i apply for residence when im out there or back in england - is it quite a big hassel to do out there are might it be easier from this end??? just trying to find the easiest way about it really?? an help would be great.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Emma,

You need your residency to legally work in the DR. That being said, you can probably get away without it and not get bothered unless it is for something else. I know lots of people that work there for years without the residency.

I got mine through an attorney. I couldnt have done it without one. The moderator of this board Fabio Guzman has a good reputation and you may want to find one of his posts and click on the Email button under his post and inquire with him. I am sure that you can come to some sort of arrangement to get it done if that is the course you take.

Look up Bushbaby here on this board also. He is a Brit that has been in Puerto Plata for 10 years and he is a nice helpful person. I am sure he would bend over backwards to help another Brit out. Hell all you have to do is bring him pipe cleaners or some other stuff that is hard for him to get and he will help you plenty:)

Takes about 3-5 months to get the residency if I remember correctly. Cost about a thousand dollars US also just so you know.