I need some advice

coralie

Jul 19, 2002
Hi everybody!

I just went to the DR and it was realy great. I fell in love with it. My best friend and I want to go and live over there.
We would like to move in 2004.

My questions: Is it easy to get a job over there? How much money do you have to save to go over there? And what about houses? We need a place to live of course. We would like to live in Puerto Plata.

Oh yeah, we?re both teachers (from Belgium, Europe) if that mathers.

Any help is welcome! ;)

Thanks

Coralie

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Finding a place to live will not be difficult. Your best bet will be renting an apartment or condo.

Getting a job isn't easy. But as teachers, your chances of finding employment in the area are pretty good. However, I would recommend that you start making contact nowwith the private schools that teach the children of expatriates, foreign professionals, and Dominicans who can afford the tuition. If you can arrive with a job already lined up you will be much, much better off. If you come with a job already lined up, you will need less money than if you come in the hopes of finding something. There are also apartments, condos and private schools in Sosua, which is not far from Puerto Plata. To improve your chances of finding employment, I would recommend contacting schools in both cities.

If you plan to come back on vacation before 2004, it would be a good time to make personal contact with personnel at the schools.

coralie

Jul 19, 2002
Thanks

Thanks a lot!

I?m going back in september, december, april,...

Every few months I will go back just to prepare my staying over there.

Could you give me some adresses of those schools? I?ll try to contact them as soon as I?m back in the DR.

Once again, Thanks

Coralie

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
One of the possibilities is the International School in Sosua. Here is a link: http://www.tropicalschool.com/opportunities.htm

But I'm certain that others can give you more names than this.

Meantime, click on the "search" button at top of the page. In the "search by keyword box", do a search for threads with info on the private schools in Puerto Plata and Sosua. Enter Private Schools Puerto Plata, then when finished with those, enter Private Schools Sosua. You should get some info that will be of benefit.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Alsolook here

http://iss.edu

This is a clearing house for teachers...

HB
znaika.gif