snorkling/fishing

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Just wondering what are the best beaches for snorkling.I plan to spend a little more time in the water next time I go.I also plan on doing some fishing but I have no idea where the best locations are.I would like to avoid those high priced charter boats however.Any info on these topics would be greately appreciated.
ILoveDR

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
We have been here a week and a half and haven't seen a whole lot, but with our cheapo snorkeling gear we were able to float out to the reefs at the beach in Sosua and see some amazing, AMAZING fish.

Those with experience will probably have better locations but we were quite entertained and happy with this venture.

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
MaineGirl said:
We have been here a week and a half and haven't seen a whole lot, but with our cheapo snorkeling gear we were able to float out to the reefs at the beach in Sosua and see some amazing, AMAZING fish.

Those with experience will probably have better locations but we were quite entertained and happy with this venture.
Thanks Mainegirl,
I had planned on going snoking in sosua beach next time I go because I plan on setting up my "base camp" in sosua.How much was the equipment rental?Anyone else have any info on other north coast beaches?
ILoveDR

MaineGirl

The Way Life Should Be...
Jun 23, 2002
amity.beane.org
ILoveDr,
We actually got our stuff at Price Club for about forty dollars a set. It was a mask, breathing apparatus, and flippers.
Vendors also sell gear on the beach. And there are shops to actually get tanks, etc. and guides.
Have a great time!
Mainegirl

AZB

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
Hey buddy, before coming here, go to a local sporting good store and buy yourself the snorkeling gear (flippers, goggles and a tube for breathing). Make sure the goggles and the tube set is of good quality so it won't leak when you are in water.
On the beach they charge 75 - 80 plus pesos / hour and if you are 5 minutes late they try to charge you for an additional hour. If you would be traveling here often, I suggest you buy the snorkeling gear. It shouldn't cost you a lot of money.
Sosua beach is the best place to go snorkeling. I will show you all the best spots.
See ya

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
AZB is right, it is best to bring your own snorkling gear. What is available on the beach from vendors is expensive and of uncertain quality and cleanliness. Most important is the mask. Best to buy where you can try on the mask before you buy it and get the help of someone who can show you how to make sure that it won't leak when your head is underwater.