ISP Providers & Internet Connections

rendul

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
rendul.tripod.com
Can anyone suggest a good & consistent Internet Provider (preferably DSL) in or near Cabarete? And, if possible, any knowledge on pricing? Our house is already wired with cable and I am not aware if our Cable Norte does internet as well? Thanks for any info!!!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Should not be a problem

Both Tricom and Codetel serve that area.

Both are now offering DSL and I think that Tricom is now offering cable Internet access.

Afraid I can't help yu much on prices.

HB, the helpful?
bandit.gif

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I live in Sosua and have DSL (Internet Flash) from Codetel. You will have to check with them and see if the service is available where your house is located. When I contacted Codetel about the service I now have, I was told that before they could give me a firm answer they had to check to be sure it was available in my neighborhood.

Assuming you want to be connected round the clock, if you are with Codetel you need a combination of Internet Flash and the VIP plan. This will cost you about RD$1800/month, but there will be no additional cost for local phone calls.

I am pleased with the service I get. Very little down time, and they are responsive when you call with questions or problems. There is a toll free number to reach the Flash department with your questions and problems once you are on line.