Some new "sportswriters" take on Dominican Ballplayers,and schools!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
For those who reacted so negatively to the "Kansas City" sportswriter,and to the "Sports Illustrated" interview with Sammy Sosa,here is some new "grist" for your mills!From the "Philadelphia Enquirer" no less.A series of stories about the DR.go to (www.philly.com) Maybe some "Geek" can import the articles to DR1 so the "Masses",can react.CRISCO

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I thought that this guy (I only read three of the articles)

Was pretty fair.

I mean, if you were to go to Philly, just seeing South Philly would be enough to turn around and never go back, wouldn't it?

The guy reported what you see in a Dominican landscape. A lot of us don't see these things anymore, perhaps innured to the poverty and ignorance (except for Stupid Phucking Driver's Day!) that are all around us.

Remember, in the cities of major status, say the first six or seven in size, you are pretty much in the late 20th Century. But you go outside of the cities and you are back in the 19th Century and maybe in the 18th!!!!

Sure he calls the place the "Dominican" but then most foreigners do that. I have always felt the name was too unwieldy. No one says United States of America, unless speaking formally. The States, the US, 'merica, or USA are the usual names given....In Dominican Spanish we say : "Los Pa?ses" and mean the States...

Next case!

Hb, the judicious...
farmer.gif

richard

Jan 1, 2002
Re: I thought that this guy (I only read three of the articles)

Hillbilly said:
Was pretty fair.

I mean, if you were to go to Philly, just seeing South Philly would be enough to turn around and never go back, wouldn't it?

The guy reported what you see in a Dominican landscape. A lot of us don't see these things anymore, perhaps innured to the poverty and ignorance (except for Stupid Phucking Driver's Day!) that are all around us.

Remember, in the cities of major status, say the first six or seven in size, you are pretty much in the late 20th Century. But you go outside of the cities and you are back in the 19th Century and maybe in the 18th!!!!

Sure he calls the place the "Dominican" but then most foreigners do that. I have always felt the name was too unwieldy. No one says United States of America, unless speaking formally. The States, the US, 'merica, or USA are the usual names given....In Dominican Spanish we say : "Los Pa?ses" and mean the States...

Next case!

LOL Better than Judge Judy HB. You can give up your day job.

Hb, the judicious...
farmer.gif
;)http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sosuadominicanrepublic/