Cigar Factory Tours-August?????

Mariana

Jul 26, 2002
Hi everyone!
going to Punta Cana 8/17 for a week at an AI- 1st trip to DR.
Any info on Cigar Factory tours? My husband's really interested in the Leon Jimenez factory. Whether it's through a tour co or we rent a car & do it on our own- it's a priority vacation "must do"
Any help is GREATLY appreciated!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You are on the wrong side of the island

If you could get over to Santiago for a day, I could show you all a few factories.

Your best bet there is to go to the Cigar Museum near Higuey, which is reputible and well stocked.

Another option is to go into the town of La Romana and visit the Tabacalera Garcia factory. This is the home of Consolidated/Altadis production: Montecristo, Dunhill, Santa Damiana, henry Clay etcetcetc

Regards from your host in Santiago the oh-so-cool

HB
BANJO.GIF

Mariana

Jul 26, 2002
Ahh, it just figures, my first trip to the DR and I pick the WRONG side of the island!
HB, your offer is appreciated- how far are we driving from Punta Cana to Santiago?
Also re: the Tabacalera, is it a formal tour? Where do I call/email to reserve our spaces? Higuey is the closest town/city to Punta Cana, right?:confused:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Some answers to your questions

Santiago is a looong way away. Of course you could fly up here in 35 minutes, but you'd be spending a lot of good cigar money doing it.

Higuey is up the road from Punta Cana and should be accessible by local buses at very inexpensive rates. Don't do a taxi unles petrified of travelling on a local bus...

The tour of the Tabacalera Garc?a could probably be arranged from your hotel. Sorry don't have any idea as to the structure of the tour.

Have a good time. I am sure you will.

Oh yes. There are some folks that actually roll cigars there at the hotels. Quality is fair(?), but interesting to see them work...

HB
BANJO.GIF

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Tabacalera de Garcia Cigar Factory Tours.

Enter into a world of cigar aroma. Come and experience the proud handwork of experienced craftsmen and women as they make the finest Dominican cigars.

Cigar Shop and Cigar Factory Tours - Dominican Republic

Legendary Tabacalera de Garcia brands
Tabacalera de Garcia manufactures more than 300 different blends. Amongst these are 50 company trademarks that are the most sought-after cigars in the world: Montecristo, the industry?s most revered trademark; Romeo y Julieta, an American love story since 1875; H. Upmann, a name that embodies more than 160 years of perfection; Don Diego, the smooth and sensual classic; Onyx, the cigar that scored an almost impossible 94 rating; VegaFina, Spain?s best selling Dominican; Seijas Signature and Mi Dominicana; Santa Damiana and many more. The mere mention of these brands evokes anticipation among connoisseurs of an extraordinary experience ? the seductive pleasures of a perfectly crafted smoke.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Know ye all that we will soon be offering VIP Cigar tours with the blessings of some really high powered folks, including the folks out in La Romana...

Stand by for more info or PM me for the latest news...

Seems to be greater interest in these now, than during the Boom in the 90s...

HB