banks

marion harshman

Jan 2, 2002
Bank of Nova Scotia all over the DR. Ask them before you leave where are Branches. I know they have them in PuertoPlata and Santo Domingo. They also have dollar accounts

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Also Santiago and San Francisco de Macoris.

It has an affiliation with the bank in Canada, but it is my understanding that the banks here are not the same as branches in Canada.

beckyred11

Jul 9, 2002
Scotiabank

I have opened an account at a local Scotiabank in Ontario with the understanding that I may deposit pesos in a Scotiabank in the Dominican Republic, and have my mother withdraw Canadian dollars here to put towards my loan. Is this true? I have emailed a bank manager in Santo Domingo, but have not received a reply yet. This is the last loose end I need to tie up to make my moving arrangements complete. Any info regarding this would be appreciated. They told me at the Scotiabank here that this should not be a problem, but I really need a 100% guarantee that it is possible before I will feel ready to go. Anyone had a similar experience?

Thanks!

Becky:confused:

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
Becky,
I am no 'Expert' on Banking systems but I feel confident in saying that IF you get your Mother a Debit Card issued by the SkotiaBank down here, she CAN withdraw dollars in Canada from your Dominican account. I also feel confident in saying that she will NOT be able to draw cash over the counter from your Bank of Nova Scotia account unless you have money in it in Canada!!! I doubt very much whether they (Canadian branch) will accept the fact that you have money in your Dominican SkotiaBank account & let your Mother draw against that!!! - Grahame.

lilsam

Santo Domingo Sammy
Jan 2, 2002
As long as your mom has a Bank Card sholdnt be a problem I have an account at Banco Popular and deposit in Pesos and withdraw and use at POS points in the states and it worksand is a straight peso account. In states comes out in dollares and charges my account in pesos. Take care Lil sam