Single status affidavit for Marriage...

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
Okay.......I got the single status affidavit. Seems rather stupid as it only checks the county records where I currently reside. But, I have it. It is in English. Is this okay???

Thanks, Snuffy

Spanish translation

$40 US per sheet at the Dominican consulate. Remember all documents must be translated into Spanish.

Copied:
from http://dr1.com/travel/special/weddings.shtml

(Legal transcripts of the birth certificates, single status affidavit and divorce certificate need to be prepared at the Dominican consulate in the country where the documents were issued.)

Been through it all, then daughter decides she want to get married in Antigua. I don't understand her.

S

Stephen

Snuffy

....I needed the single affidvit to get married in the DR to a Dominican. ( I am from the US)

I got it prepared and payed for at the American Consulate office in Puerto Plata and DID NOT NEED TO GET IT TRANSLATED INTO SPANISH, and it was accepted for the wedding.

groovejet24

Jun 18, 2004
Single status affadavit

Snuffy said:
Okay.......I got the single status affidavit. Seems rather stupid as it only checks the county records where I currently reside. But, I have it. It is in English. Is this okay???

Thanks, Snuffy

Hiya Snuffy, how did you go about getting your single status affadavit, is it just a case of going to a solicitor in the UK?
Thanks for your time
Andy Simpson