Working & living permanently in DR

DavidSane

Aug 2, 2002
Dear Sir,

I have heard conflicting reports concerning obtaining a working visa & attempts to become a permanent citizen in DR. I am interested in both. I am bi-lingual in spanish/english & have a Masters degree,with 13 years of excellent work history. I have no criminal record here in the USA nor have I ever been arrested. I am wondering if you can provide me with some general information about the above mentioned subject. I anticipate your response.

Respectfully Submited

David S.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Fabio Guzman can give you a better answer, but while you are waiting, here is some information I have gotten from his answers to similar questions (which you will find in the archives):

Residency is generally the preferred way to go. This is said to be easier to get than a work visa. Residency gives you the rights of a citizens except for right to vote and run for office. So unless you want to try your luck as a politician in the DR (not advised), then residency is your best bet.

DavidSane

Aug 2, 2002
thank u

Ken,

How can I then get in contact w/ this Mr. Guzman? I thank you for your quick response.