Santiago information

jld

Aug 4, 2002
Family of 4 will be moving to Santiago, DR and can't seem to find a lot of info on the internet. Can you direct me to a site that will provide any info on immigration and business licenses. Any info on rentals would also be of help. Thanks

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I think you had better

send me an e-mail, detailing what you are going to be doing here.
Are you a missionary? are you a businessman? How do you want to live. High? Middle? Low?

Santiago is now a very large city of about 750,000 people. It has everything you would need.

Get in touch

Hb

Oh yes, I am the Resident Expert on Santiago.... on everything except women...

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
If you need to find out about the women, I think AZB is the self proclaimed expert on that subject in Santiago.

AZB, are you going to be picking me up at the airport?

In case you don't recognize me since I have gotten a haircut, a tan and look so much like a Dominican now since we last got together here is what I will be wearing. I will be the guy in the red plaid bemuda shorts with the Hawaiin shirt that has the lt. blue background and the Green yellow and orange surf boards. I got these cool Dayglow Yellow glasses with the curly bungy neck cord in Dayglow Green.

If you don't recognize me I will be wearing a carnation in my lapel of my Pink Sport Jacket.

I can't wait to see you and tell everyone on the plane and in the whole city of Santiago that you, the great Dr. Chiropractor is my best friend. I will be so proud when you pick me up and take me around.

Toodles...

jld

Aug 4, 2002
Santiago

Thank you HB for your reply. My husband is in the construction business. (stucco plasterer) We would like a home to rent for approximately 2 months. Something in the middle range expense. We're not sure of the district yet. Accomodations may also be necessary for laborers if they are brought in. We have 2 mutts we'd like to bring along if it's not to much of a hassle. What are the laws on that as far as shots or quarantine? We'd be coming from the Turks and Caicos Islands. Our kids don't require school as they do distance learning over the internet from Canada. Can't think of anything else right now. Good thing I don't have any questions about women. Thanks jld

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Okey dokey

First off, there are plenty of two and three bedroom houses and apratments for rent. if it has to be furnished it will be more expensive.
Also be aware that two month leases are not really looked for, but I am sure that you can find something.

As for workers, I doubt it. There are many, many excellent laborers here. In fact, for construction work I am sure that you can find all that you need in a second here.

I would think that a good realestate agent might be your best bet. I'll get you some web-sites..

As for the dogs, they will need Vet's Certificates of Vaccination and for Good Health. One form the T&C Animal Health Officer with a couple of stamps on it should be impressive enough. Make sure that they are spayed or neutered before bringing them here.

HB