If you like food...

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Ok, more like "if you like Dominican food...".

After having asked Master Rob, and being given permission to do so, I am inviting you to my newest website: dominicancooking.com. It is still in the making and I will be changing things as time permit, so visit often. I will be delighted if you let me have your comments, whether on the recipes or the website itself.

By the way, I had help of Jane_J, who was very kind and accepted to be the site's editor. You can't find too many free editors nowadays. ;)

edited to add:
And thanks to Rob for his help and critics.

Last edited:

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
Wow, awesome job, girls! I love it, and will be passing it along to others. I'm always looking for new ideas, and this has a lot of great dishes. Congrats!

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Thumbs up!

A great site, nice, clean and easy to navigate with a ton of excellent content, kinda like DR1 ;)

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Fabulous site, my congrats. I plan on becoming one of the better Dominican cooks that happens to look like a gringo with your help.

I also want to say that I found it very classy on your part to put the link back to here on your site unlike another who constantly makes BS posts to promote his silly site then keeps responding to himself.

Regards!

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Excellent site

Excellent work ladies.
My wife left me about a gallon of sofrito in the fridge before she went to Jarabacoa for the summer. She will appreciate the site because unlike most Dominicanas she didn't grow up cooking and she will appreciate the recipes and instructions. Dominican food tastes great to me. My boys prefer Mexican and Honduran, more spicy.
Muchas Gracias

Keith R

"Believe it!"
Jan 1, 2002
www.temasactuales.com
Great job! Take recipe contributions?

?Felicitaciones, Pib! Great job. I am forwarding the web address to many Dominicans I know. Do you take contributions in the form of recipes, tips, etc? My wife is a terrific cook and some Dominican dishes she does seem so much better than the ones I tasted while I lived there (obviously, that is because I never ate at your house! whew! quick recovery!) . Dno't know if she'd like to contribute, but in case she asks...
Saludos atentos,
Keith

trina

Silver
Jan 3, 2002
I have to say one more thing. I have found a few sites on Dominican cooking, but these recipes are, by far, the easiest to follow. Thanks again for a job well done!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Great job girls! I especially like the bit of history that goes with some of the dishes. Like Trina said, I also find the receipes easy to follow.

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I can't add anything more. It's great, and is a great contribution to the information about the Dominican Republic on the web. I can just see all the high school kids getting this site on their list when they do a search. Then cooking some great vittles for their families and/or classmates. Great work. I'll check it out often.
mk

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Thanks girls

Love the website.Thank you very much Pib and Jane...errr I mean Aunt Clara and Aunt Jane.
ILoveDR

linamia

"an unexamined life is not worth living"
Jan 2, 2002
www.pascual5designs.com
Pib and Jane good Job

The site is very nice, you have done a very good job. I may contribute a few vegetarian recipes in the near future. If that is ok with you two let me know.

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
Re: Great job! Take recipe contributions?

[B]Keith R[/B] said:
Do you take contributions in the form of recipes, tips, etc?
Yes, also in the form of cash and expensive gifts.

Of course! I would love that you send me your Dominican recipes, comments and cooking tips. I will include them and give you credit for it. Thanks all for the nice words. We are still working on it, there is much to correct and much to add. It is a lot of work, but you guys make it worth it.

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
Kudos to Pib for a fabulous job done fabulously!

I think my favourite part of the whole site is where Pib refers to DR1 as "a delightful but often odd Internet community".

Truer words have never been spoken.

Last edited:

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Auntie's Cooking

Great work ladies. Now I have good reason to know why Auntie's cooking is always a treat. Makes me hungry. Regards, PJT

m65swede

Mar 18, 2002
Here's another "attaboy"

for you girls. I am forwarding your website to my daughter as she is always bugging my wife for Dominican recipes. Problem is that my wife don't measure ingredients; she cooks by taste.

Thanks! :)

Swede