is it hard to get started living in DR

DavidSane

Aug 2, 2002
I am an american that wants to start a new life outside of this country. I have done research into various places to re-locate to & I have narrowed my pick to DR, Mexico, & Colombia. I have no criminal history, educated, excellent work record, & speak fluent spanish. I am looking to get started doing something, but do not know where to start. I have a teaching,social work, & mental health background. I have been to DR before & love the place & the people. Will it be difficult to get started. I am not looking to get wealthy, just to establish some type of life. I would be intersted in becoming a resident of DR if that is possible.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
You might look at this site

This is a clearing house for teaching...it is a start at least....
http://iss.edu

HB

I made a boo-boo it is now correct.!

Last edited:

Anita

Jul 10, 2002
Living in Santo Domingo

Hi David, I will also be going in October to live in the Dominican Republic, I am going to Santo Domingo... I also have some worries about what it is going to be like, it is a big change... but hey I am really looking forward to it, especially dancing the merengue, salsa and bachata, and hope to make many new friends and meet some of the people in the forum (guys you are great!!! thanks for all the help answering questions, and I am sure I will have more questions closer to the time of going).

From what I have heard living in the Dominican republic is going to be quite an experience, and I hope to make the most out of it!!!

Anita

DavidSane

Aug 2, 2002
did not work

Hillbilly,

I really appreciate the attempt,pero the address you left said "page cannot be displayed". If there is an alternative way to get there so I can read the info u wanted me to see try again. I am looking forward to your info.

Diana

Jan 1, 2002
Hi Hillbilly,

I was curious in the site but I am also getting an error when trying to display the page....

:confused:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
I just clicked on it and it came right up

Did you have too much garlic at lunch?

I had it wrong the first time, I put "ids" instead of 'iss' ...Sorry, my stupid fingers....

HB, downcast for not getting it right the first time.