Mail help please!!!!

LA MAENA

Mar 28, 2002
Hi everyone. I need help. and of course i've come to the place where I know all of you great people are willing to help. Here goes.. A friend of mine is staying at Hotel Plaza in Santo Domingo. I have a letter for him that he wants me to send him. How do I go about sending it? I was considering sending it Global Priorty Mail by the United States Postal Service. Do you think this is a good idea? Will he get it quickly? Domincan Republic is known for horrible mail service, i ust want him to get it soon. Also would anyone know the correct address to the Hotel i know its on Tiradentes & Presidente Gonzales. Also how do i address the envelope? Sorry I may sound stupid but i've never sent anyone mail in DR. Thanks alot for all your help

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
does the hotel have a fax machine?

Would it help if you faxed the letter's contents? Otherwise, I'd suggest fed ex or UPS. Anybody else got any ideas?
mk

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
How important is this letter? I was thinking if the hotel doesn't have a fax you could scan the letter and send it by email to him or the hotel.

Alain

Feb 12, 2002
UPS........(well......)

I've had a horrifying experience with UPS in DR. Don't use it. Fedex is a lot more efficient.

LA MAENA

Mar 28, 2002
Thanks a million!

You all are great.. Thanks for all your information. I didn't think about any of those choices. Again thanks alot.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
DHL and FEDEX are certainly the better options

If it is important.

The address listed is just
Av. Tiradentes

And the phone is 541 6226

That information, plus your friend's name and room number should be suffiicient..

HB