Air Transat Question re Punta Cana

carribeantravel

Jan 11, 2002
Gonna be flying Air Transat from Moncton to Punta Cana this coming February. I'm gonna pre-book my seats before I leave. When the plane arrives in Punta Cana do passengers debark from the front of the aircraft or the back? I want to be the first off the plane so I need to know when part of the plane to reserve seats on. Help me out if ya can!

PJT

Silver
Jan 8, 2002
Front or Back

Strange request. What is the urgency to be first off? Relax, Punta Cana is a little laid back, no need to rush. You will get to where you're going no matter what seat assignment. If you have a real concern, go to the following AT webpage link for information: www.airtransat.com/en/6_2.asp. Regards, PJT

GRS

Jan 2, 2002
It depends

Disembarking in Punta Cana is usually through the front. Now, when widebodies such as L1011's, B747 and DC-10's, they disembark simultaneously from the front and the back.

richard

Jan 1, 2002
carribeantravel said:
Gonna be flying Air Transat from Moncton to Punta Cana this coming February. I'm gonna pre-book my seats before I leave. When the plane arrives in Punta Cana do passengers debark from the front of the aircraft or the back? I want to be the first off the plane so I need to know when part of the plane to reserve seats on. Help me out if ya can!

I wouldn't be concerned, once you get lined up and go through customs and immigration you will still have to wait for your luggage so it wouldn't matter where you sit. My own experience with Transat at Puerto Plata is that sometimes they unload from the front other times from the centre. I would book a seat with extra leg room such as bulkhead, or exit row for example.:cool:

Last edited: