New Toll booths corruption scandal?

Drake

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Today's news states that the DR govt intend to build 10 new toll booths at a cost of 71 million $US. So lets divide 10 by 71 million to find the cost of each toll booth. That's 7.1 million US dollars per toll booth! I was wondering if these new toll booths will have Jacuzzi's and swimming pools by the side. Or maybe they intend to install instant carwashes as you pay your toll?

In my opinion a toll booth costs under 1 million $US to build each one. Where is all that money going?? Does anybody think that it takes 7.1 million bucks to build a toll booth?

sjoekik

Feb 7, 2002
Exactly what we were saying today.

I think I?m going to change my trade to Toll Booth Builder.

I can?t believe when they report something like this, they don?t immediately react - incredible

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Actually, while there is certainly corruption

It isn't that bad. These are toll PLAZAS, not just a toll booth...

Still, the worst part of it is that we will probablynot see any significant repairs on the highways in our lifetimes..

This is going to be like the Garden State Parkway, in New Jersey....where you thro in your money every few miles. But it is a highway....

Hb...

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I am a little confused on the whole Toll Booth situation. I read some stories that claim that foreign companies are hired to build and operate these Toll Booths. The foreign company would use thier own money to build them....and BY LAW would have the right to charge whatever price they wanted to guarantee a profit.

Then I hear the the DR government is borrowing money to build the same Toll Booths...wassup?....Are we paying twice for these booths? Anyone know the deal?

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Could it be

that we are talking about Doll Booth's here??

PS
Sorry Robert my intellect is out of shape after 3 weeks vaccation