life in the Dominican Republic

Meeri

Aug 11, 2002
Hello Everybody!
I would like to ask for information about living in the Dominican Republic in general. I am a fifteen-year-old girl from Finland thinking of coming to the Dominican Republic as an exchange student. So if possible, I would appreciate info about normal life in the DR, for example what are the schools like, how do teenagers usually spend their free-time, what is the family life like etc. Thank you.

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I think that you will have a wonderful experience, Meeri.

I would think that you would most likely be going to Santo Domingo (Capital and largest city) or Santiago (second largest city). I believe also that you would be attending one of the private schools rather than the public schools. Educational quality superior in the private schools and the most likely school of the student you will be exchanging with. I would further anticipate that English and Spanish would be the languages used by the school.

With respect to the family you will be living with, I anticipate that it will be a professional family, a family of substance. In the Dominican Republic this is the sort of family most likely to be participating in an exchange student program.

I am confident that you will have a good experience in both the school and the home that you are assigned to.