Laptop storage

kaferro

Jan 21, 2002
I have to bring my laptop on my next trip to SD, but there will be times when I leave the city that I would prefer to travel without it. Does anyone have any ideas about a safe storage option?

S

Stephen

Laptop Storage

When I go to Santo Domingo, I stay at the HOTEL LINA which has large IN ROOM safes in which your laptop and much more can fit. You set the combination on the safe and I have never had a problem with anything there in the 8 years I have been staying there. I have also stayed at the Juagua (sp?) , and the Sheraton (new name now) and the room I had there didn't have one.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
I Use the Defcon From Targus

A cable with alarm built in that reacts to touching or cutting of the cable - as long as there is a sturdy object to fasten to it is a difficult job to steal openly. Even a chair will add some security.

And I use an encrypting hard drive so insurance covers the loss and the data is safe if stolen.

arturo

Bronze
Mar 14, 2002
the data is always more valuable than the hardware

Back up your data, bring a CD read/write drive if you have to (they are only slightly bigger than a walkman now) and keep your sensitive data on a CD with you. You can always replace the laptop. To protect the hardware, even if you stay at a place with no in-room safe, leave with the hotel management. Best of luck