Boycotting this forum

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
After giving it a lot of thought I have decided to boycott this forum.Its creation was totally unnececcary and I feel like we are being led around from forum to forum like children....you are allowed to be a little boisterous here but not when you are here---or Big Brother will delete you!Being told not to "abuse" the use of smiley faces and to stick to the original topic and not "hijack" the thread is totally ridiculus.When people sit at a table and begin a discussion the conversation frequently takes many twists and turns and goes off on tangents -- the same applies here.The harmless mudslinging that goes on in the open forum adds life to the threads and personality to the posters--all the while the discourse surrounding the topic at hand is not affected.What is the point of having a message board if you cannot post freely.If you say something to offend someone they should let you know and you should have enough class to stop---without the need of a moderator deleting or banning you.I dont think the open forum ever reached the point when a "step in" on Roberts part was totally nececcary--although he does it frequently.All these things are harmless fun that adds life to our DR1 community.
This is not a personal attack on Pib or Hillbilly or Robert.I just want to voice my opinion.I am not calling for a boycott of this forum nor do I feel I am an established poster who might have the ability/following to do something like that.For those who post and lurk in here -- Enjoy.I will be in the open Forum.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
This just proves that this forum is working, the mere fact that you can post your opinion and it can be debated for better or worse in a healthy and intelligent manner.

Don't you think it's wonderful that we give you all these choices?
Even thou you are boycotting this forum, you still have another forum you can post in.

We can't keep everyone happy, but we are doing our best...

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
I agree with "Love DR',and ROBERT!

Yes,Robert it is good to have a place for "serious" debate,uninterupted by "insults".......and I agree that this is not the place for me either,and I won't be back.Lets see if these formerly "conjoined" "twins" can now survive on their own?CRISCO

x_man

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Robert,

do you really need this awkward Mars & Venus
bin and what about the clown bin??
Aren't those redundant to General Stuff?
X who likes to simplify things.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Right now it seems to be working just fine.

Splitting them up saves you from sifting thru stuff you are not interested in.

Theresa

Vettehead from Buckhead
Jan 16, 2002
Nobody has posted anything in the Mars Venus forum since 8/11. Isn't there any battle of the sexs things to talk about? Maybe Billy Bob Redma can stir things up. Everybody is complaining about this forum but nobody is posting any juicy stuff in the other forums anyway. :mad:

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Atlanta Beauty Queen wants war of Sexes to Continue

Well, it seems that billy bob is venting on this board. Actually with the mentality of many of our posters, it is difficult to cultivate intellectual discourse.......\

(Let's see if that one brings out some of the great posters??)

HB
mutley-ani1.gif

Cleef

Bronze
Feb 24, 2002
You broke your own boycott!

You can't "boycott" ....then post, and consider yourself a "boycotter"?

Violating your own boycott is an admission of false boycotting, therefore making it a non-boycott, or an invalid boycott.

I hereby boycott your boycott and I dare you to debate me on this.

Can't we all just get along?

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
That's it Escott, you're banned!

Where is that darn red button?!

Back to the OP (boycotts and such). I too support to boycott the boycott on the grounds of the forum being unboycottable.

Whatever.

mondongo

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
With all due respect to Mr Cleef and Ms Pib...I submit to you that the "boycott" did not begin until the letter was promulgated. Therefore, it is reaonable for ILoveDR to enter the forum, submit the letter then never return to the forum....I dont think there are any logical violations. Think in terms of a resignation letter. When do you quit a job? I suggest that you quit only AFTER the boss has recieved your letter.

lilsam

Santo Domingo Sammy
Jan 2, 2002
Hi gang,
I think having this forum is okay I also like the open forum
Ive been doing mire lurking latly than posting . Hows everybody BTW ..I dont know whiich forum I read it in but those radio stations were great exept one hijacked mu whole screen at work blaring merengue music !! I couldnt turn it of for aboutr a min what a trip!!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
It seems that the boycot--is that pedophylic?? has spawned it's own thread...like a snake going thru grass...
or the gas that exits CCC when he finishes his "One hour"at the local friguit?n...
Love this stuff....

HB
uquakmeup.gif