Thanks to all, and ?'s for some

Favorite Son

Aug 20, 2002
Thanks for all the great work many of you do on the DR1 boards. I last visted the DR in June and will be returning in early sept this board has given me a lot of good info. I really enjoy the post by Richard, Eddy, Jazzman, Ken, and Hillbilly, your insite, sarcasum and humor are enjoyed. Before I ask this do not say search the archives, I have and learned a lot from them and, this ? is for more info. I will be staying in Sosua for 10 nights, I plan to hotel hop as I call it, to get all the different textures, smells and experances so when I come back in Jan and so forth I have a good grasp. I will stay 1 or 2 nights at each location, The problem is the boards have listed two many places, so I will give you a list of my slections, in no certian order please make comments, additions and even compliants if thier any. Here we go: Hotel Voramar, Hotel El Paraiso, Hotel Yaroa, Hotel Waterfront, Condos Dominicano, Rockys, Coco hotel, and Tropix. I you are all thinking you need to know what I am looking for, I want to experance all the differences, intown, in country, on water, not on water. Plus all the locations are near resturants and bars that makes them even more fun(Bars and Resturants will be my next ?) I will try many of them and hopefully rub elbows with a few of you. Any response will be great. Thanks from Atlanta, GA

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Favorite Son, even though you hotel hop your center will still be Sosua, so your experiences during the 10 days may not be as varied as you would like. Have you thought about spending some of the nights in Cabarete? This would broaden your experience considerably since the ambiance of Cabarete is quite different from that of Sosua. You'll find plenty of bars and restaurants there, too.

Favorite Son

Aug 20, 2002
Ken on my last visit I did spend 3 nights in Cabarete, 2 nights at the Kite board hotel and one night at Villa Taina. The resturants I tried where great. I ate at an Itallian/jazz club in front and to the Villa Taina, food was great and the music enjoyable. The pastery shop a couple doors down was super, but that my be my down fall as I will gain to much weight. Did a wind Surf lession with Happy Surf at the mouth of the river/bay area, it was fun (Even though I sucked at it). Went horse back riding a couple of times with Franklin, once off the beaton path not a tourist route. This trip I will be doing some legal/banking/housing/bussiness research. In the next couple nights I will be checking for avaiblity at the locations mentioned, so any input do's or don't please fell free to let me know. Thanks

Larry

Gold
Mar 22, 2002
Fovorite Son

You didnt list the Europa as one of your choices but I recommend it.I think it is $32 dollars per night and you can add nights if you are happy there so you could just try it for a night and checkout the next day if you like.They have a nice pool and balcony/AC/cable/kitchen in every room.They also have a decent restaurant downstairs and a bar outside next door.Why dont you try it for a night?
ILoveDR

Favorite Son

Aug 20, 2002
Thanks

Thanks, IloveDR, I have not found the hotel Europa in my searches, but I will look it up tonight. Thanks for your input.