Surgery went well but PAINFUL.

love da DR

Aug 1, 2002
Hola Everybody

Well after 3 hours of surgery on both of my feet I am about as helpless as a person can be. I am in great pain and the percocet
doesn't do much but to make me sleepy I find myself crawling around the house as that is the only means of mobility that I currently have. I am going to have to get used to the fact that I can't shower for about 14 days, I'd appreciate the prays and suggestions that you all might be able to offer that may lessen the pain that I am going thru.

Thanks everybody, Isaac getting one step closer to running away to the Dominican Republic.

Jane J.

ditz
Jan 3, 2002
Wow - poor you!

If I were you...I would catch up on all my reading, sleep in, watch a lot of TV, and have my laptop close at hand. I wouldn't have to clean up, or make supper, or do the shopping. Hmmm.

But really, hope you feel better soon and make your escape (just do it, already!)

Jan

Bronze
Jan 3, 2002
Santo Domingo Este
www.colonialzone-dr.com
Well my remidy for my back pain is Presidente! Its amazing how you don't hurt or maybe its that you don't cre that you hurt!

But really..just try to keep your mind occupided...watch all those dumb old movies that are in the video store that youd never watch. Eat lots of snack foods. And enjoy your dreams.Sleep as much as you can and dream the time away. Tell yourself it doesn't hurt ans try and laugh as much as you can. Don't focus on the hurt...this is dumb but when I got a stupid booboo when I wa a kid my dad would pinch me and say how you forgot about the other pain for a little! It is a family joke now but really its a good thing...think on other stuff and try to get by!
Hope you get well soon....and your poor old dogs function well soon!

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
Why not rent a Wheelchair for 2 weeks!

I don't think that crawling around on the floor for 14 days will help your feet "HEAL"(Pardon the PUN) very fast.One of the times I crashed my BSA 650,I had a cylinder cast from my foot to my butt for 6 weeks.I put my leg in a "garbage bag" and taped it around my leg.Hint:shave your leg before,not after,you put on the tape! That way you can take a bath,or even shower if you want to.You can put a big towel in the tub,put a chair on top of the towel,and sit down to shower.The bag and tape will keep your feet dry!I have used this method on both arms and legs successfully.I don't recommend it for post circumcision!!!! In my case the bag kept falling off!!!CRISCO

love da DR

Aug 1, 2002
thanks

Thankyou, all for your kind words and encouraging thoughts, I am
finding it a little easier to get around as the days go by. I never
imagined that I would be so bored stiff with just seating around the house, I am actually looking forward to traffic jams and wild
drivers once I regain my mobility.

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
i found that percosat often had more aweful sideeffects than benefit i.e. constipation, feeling out of it, short term memory loss... I hope you have a few good books and magazines around. Kept up with old friends by phone/email/fax...

hope you feel better soon...