Is it too good to be true?

LA MAENA

Mar 28, 2002
Has anyone ever heard of or used cheapcarribbean.com. I'm looking to spend 5-7 days in DR. I need to find something all-inclusive with air included. (not too expensive) It doesn't have to be great because I will be away from the hotel/ resort most of the day I will just use the place to sleep actually. Does anyone have any suggestions. I want to leave this Sunday the 25th Aug.

I should mention that i'm looking for something very close to Santo Domingo if not then actually in Santo Domingo.

Thanks Guys!

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
LA MAENA said:
Has anyone ever heard of or used cheapcarribbean.com. I'm looking to spend 5-7 days in DR. I need to find something all-inclusive with air included. (not too expensive) It doesn't have to be great because I will be away from the hotel/ resort most of the day I will just use the place to sleep actually. Does anyone have any suggestions. I want to leave this Sunday the 25th Aug.

I should mention that i'm looking for something very close to Santo Domingo if not then actually in Santo Domingo.

Thanks Guys!

There are no AI's in SDQ since it has no beach just an estuary. Since you are not availing yourself of all the (ho ho) benefits of the AI "experience" why go (to an AI) at all?

Lots of the tour companies sell the air only part of the trip - then stay in a tourist hotel in Boca Chica ( nearest to the capitol) like El Candil or Costalunga in the $35 a night range.

Since you have left a lot of time for planning check for last minute sell offs - frankly any decent travel agency in whatever town you live in should have a few flights and or packages at discounts - however do not be surprised if the flights are to la Romana , Punta Cana or Puerto Plata. La Romana is the closest - not very but a lot closer than the others.

Somebody was runnig cruises out of Santo Domingo - if they still are the air only MAY be to SDQ , don't hold your breath.

Pay by credit card since there's a lot of online rip offs in travel. You did not say from where you are travelling so don't expect a lot of specific help until you do.

LA MAENA

Mar 28, 2002
oops!

Sorry I frogot to mention that I am traveling from New York City. Thanks for the info.. Any more suggestions?

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Re: oops!

LA MAENA said:
Sorry I frogot to mention that I am traveling from New York City. Thanks for the info.. Any more suggestions?

There have to be roughly 1,000 TA's in NYC that should have packages to DR with sell offs this weekend. One TA here in Toronto has 17 of them to LRM and PUJ, $519 CDN (e.g. $320 US) air only to Punta Cana, ($619 on the 23rd to LRM, or $400 US) not too handy but cheap.

$1,409 CDN for LRM at Casa Del Mar for 14 nights - so air, and 2 weeks of lousy food for less than $100 CDN a day. I would think therefore NYC has equally cheap deals to be had in person, from a licensed travel agent.

AA and Continental fly non stop from JFK/EWR daily for SDQ though other than websavers you are going to pay through the nose with 4 days advance booking.

Unless you habitually go with 4 days planning, look n' book a bit farther ahead next time.

Jim Hinsch

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
geocities.com
Fares are super low right now, the lowest in 2 years in fact.

A couple can put themselves together a package at one of the top rated hotels in the country, all-inclusive for a week for under US$1000 per person from nearly any city in the USA right now, or for half that in a simple hotel near the beach. That includes air fare.

Even during peak season with high prices and even higher air fares, the price is less than US$1800 all-inclusive or US$900 staying in a small hotel a few blocks from the beach.

La Maena is traveling from NYC. The all-inclusive 5-star hotel stay for a week including air-fare should run about US$800 per person, double occupancy or $450 at a small hotel.

E-mail me if you can't figure out how to do it. Or just take a look at www.BocaChicaBeach.net and you'll figure it out. Call Continental or American for air fares, include a Saturday night stay and 14-day advance purchase, leave and return mid-week, and pick a hotel on the site. That's it!

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
Departures from Newark ... Cincinatti...

West Park Travel
garywpt@aol.com
1-800-354-5212

PUNTA CANA 3 nts $298 4 nts $344 7 nts $499 Air & ALL INCLUSIVE HOTEL!!

PUNTA CANA
Departure Cities:

Departure Dates: August 23, 2002 to October 10, 2002
Date Information: Select departures August 23 - October 10, 2002

$298.00

Depart From: NEWARK, BALTIMORE, PITTSBURGH, PHILADELPHIA, CINCINNTI & CLEVELAND. ALL PACKAGES INCLUDE R/T AIR, TRANSFES & HOTEL ACCOMMODATIONS AT THE RIU NAIBOA, ALL INCLUSIVE HOTEL, ALL MEALS, DRINKS, TIPS & NON MOTORIZED WATESPORTS INCLUDED!!!

West Park Travel
3756 Rocky River Drive
Cleveland, OH 44111
Phone: 1-800-354-5212
Fax: 216-251-8505
garywpt@aol.com
http://www.vacationsbyu.com

Terms:
Rates per person based on double. Taxes additional.

ricktoronto

Jan 9, 2002
Not too handy since the guy want to go to Santo Domingo

Same thing from Toronto lots for the North Shore and Punta Cana, very little for la Romana which is still pretty far from the capitol and nothing for Santo Domingo, e.g. Boca Chica or maybe Juan Dolio.

I guess if all you pay is $499 US for a week then you can rent a car and live the dangerous life of a commuter from PC to SD .

LA MAENA

Mar 28, 2002
Thanks guys for all your info. My family is actually from Santo Domingo so it really doens't matter if I can't find anything closer I can always get them to pick me up from the hotel or I know how to get around myself. By the way I'm a woman!!

Again thanks

LA MAENA

Mar 28, 2002
So you say $499 us is this really possible or was it meant for a joke. I'm willing to pay $499 Us. I can always have my family pick me up. Any other suggestions?