Who is Golo?

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
If Mister tHATE can Insult "Golo" without being censored,I'm coming back!

Mr."T" what is an "underage" girl?What is racial hate mail.Who died,and left you incharge of the DR1 "Standards Committe"?If "Golo" is "Disgusting" and "Unaceptable",you are a senile old fart who could spoil a wet dream! Gee!,this is almost like "Old Times"!This board should be called,THE SAHARA FORUM,it sure is "DRY" in here!Anybody want a drink of "Reality"? CRISCO

Jim Hinsch

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
geocities.com
In 1999, over 50% of the income earned in the USA was earned by just 20% of the people. It is far more lopsided in the Dominican Republic.

You are going by median income. That is a measure of how well the typical person is doing, but doesn't refect the great weath and spending at the top tier.

Using your figure, that means the top 20% in the USA have a median income of about US$90,000.

If in the DR, the top 5% earn 90% of all income, that means you have the top 5% (nearly half a million people) with annual incomes over US$45,000.

You put 500,000 people making that kind of money each and concentrate them in a few cities, you've got some wealth. More than many good sized cities in the USA.

It depends on your definition of "wealthy country".

Apr 26, 2002
TW/Golo

Pardon the question, but which poster is "TW/Golo"? Is there a third name too?

Criss - your post seems to have survived. How interesting.

If insults are really now admissible, then, for future reference, please know that all posters in disagreement with any of my stances ever are a bunch of ignoramuses who don't have mothers and are romantically attached to farm animals. They shouldn't be allowed to share band width with me.

There, now that I've made that broad point perfectly clear for posterity, I shouldn't have to post another insult ever.

Jim Hinsch

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
geocities.com
He hasn't posted in a while, but he becames quite famous for the frequency of his posts, his representation of the wealthy and educated Dominican class, his unique, frank, and in-your-face comments, as well as for providing a great wealth of information about the Dominican Republic and always having a solid reason for his opinions and statements.

I agreed with 95% of what he wrote, if I had an opinion at all. He was also known or at least self-described as being cultured, self-made, wealthy, and wise.

Others will probably chime in with their own opinions.

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
This is easy...

I agree with Jim!

Looks like Miss Pib somehow moved one of your posts here?
Obviously still getting used to all the buttons :confused:

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
No Rob, I purposely moved it. I started deleting and editing things, then it just dawned on me that it was too much, so I split the thread to give people another choice. Check the Argentina... thread in the DR Debates forum.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Golo is/was the "Voice of the Santo Domingo Bourgeoise"

A moneyed person of no little education and extremely opinionated.
He scratched a few people wrong with his statements about "chopos" and Poor People.....
It has been a while since he has posted. He was a fountain of information about the city of Santo Domingo.

HB:classic:

Pavan

Jan 18, 2002
We are running out of topics to discuss here

I guess we have nothing more to talk about other than discuss our past members.

Maybe some day a new interesting crowd will show up.

I guess we can also start discussing AZB and O&C and maybe X_man.

So who will head the Sahara Forum like Crisco calls it.

Apr 26, 2002
Moved Post

Oh, he's the "chopo" guy. I remember reading some of his posts. Didn't realize he was blue blood Dominican.

Pib, I'm sorry you moved my post. I was trying to make a point about how childish and ultimately pointless personal insults are in debating a topic.

Criss, I spoke too soon.

But it's Pib's/HB's forum.

El Jefe

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
GOLO is , I'm sure lurking in the dark and waiting for the right time to pounce again. Seems i remember him saying something about needing to take care of some business for a while. I imagine he will return.

Porfirio...his real name has been made available thru a couple of web sites he sponsors or that he has pitures of his carposted on...in archives.

A very real and opinionated person whose family is well off, he was a schoolmate of mine at Carol Morgan many moons ago. Miss his inputs, even the anti-Haitian ones.