I'm new to this Board

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Welcome!

Your find that it's an interesting community, you name it, we have it. If you looking for information relating to the Dominican Republic, this is the most knowledgeable message board on the Internet. We have some top posters, that are experts in their field, enjoy!

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Welcome Serina,
Tell us where you are from and have you ever been to the DR?
I live in southern Ontario near Toronto.

Sirena

Aug 22, 2002
Thanks!

Thank you for the welcome, Robert :)

A friend from another Board recommended this Forum, so here I am! I'm Dominican, so I'm sure I'll enjoy this Board and read interesting news and information from my beloved island.

See ya' around! :cool:

Sirena

Aug 22, 2002
Hi Anna

Thanks for the welcome, Anna. :)

I currently live in New Jersey. I lived in D.R. for many years. My parents are Dominican. I was born in the U.S., but I say that I'm Dominican because half of my lifetime I spent it in D.R. Most of my education was complete in D.R. I just came back from the island. I was over there for a week on vacation. I had not gone there for over 11 years. I was so happy to be back and see old friends and family.

What about you, have you been to D.R.? Are you Dominican? What do you do now, work, go to school...? I work and I am beginning school next month. Majoring in Communications. I graduated Highschool in 1992 and now I'm going to get a Bachelor Degree.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Hi Sirena, welcome to this board.;)
Where are you from in the DR? Where are you from in Joisey? Paterson? I'll bet you are going to FDU!...

Curious HB, from Ridgewood & FDU!!!
smileyhug.gif

Oh yes, and Santiago!!

Sirena

Aug 22, 2002
Hi HillBilly

Thanks for the welcome HB.

I'm from Bonao in D.R. and I currently live in Newark, NJ. I'll be going to Seton Hall University next month. I applied to FDU as well, but I preferred Seton Hall because they have exactly the programs I was looking for. I'm very much looking forward to start classes!

So you live in Ridgewood...is that near Hackensack...? I have family that lives in Hackensack and I also lived there some years ago. What's you're Major and in what year are you in now, Freshman, Sophomore...etc....?

How long has it been since you been to Bonao? I wanted to go to Santiago when I was in D.R. last June, but didn't have the time. I'm planning to do an all girls vacation this December and then I will not miss Santiago. I will definitely go this time around! How long have you been living in the States or were you born here as well?

Sirena

Aug 22, 2002
Hola Bachatua!

Que bueno que ya llegastes!

Te mande un E-mail anoche. Espero que lo hallas recibido.

Sirena

Aug 22, 2002
HillBilly

Hey, when I asked: "How long has it been since you been to Bonao?", I meant to say to D.R., not Bonao, he he he :eek:P

AtlantaBob

Jan 2, 2002
I think HillBilly is just finishing up his Freshman year at Santiago U.
He is majoring in Travel Consultation. He is extremely smart for a Freshman and is already working on his thesis which I believe is "How to Avoid Driving a Golf Cart off the Cliffs of Playa Grande while Playing Golf and Consuming several "Bien Frias" at the Same Time."

...sorry its a slow day at work. Couldn't resist.

Bachatua

Aug 22, 2002
HELLO, DOMINICAN 1 BOARD!

S?, Sirena. Rec?b? tu email, te lo respond?. Espero que no me creas boba por lo que dije. :laugh:

ccarabella

Feb 5, 2002
Welcome Sirena.

Hillbilly...So have you ever bumped into Frankie Muniz (the child actor)? He is from Ridgewood, NJ.
;)

chicker

Jan 1, 2002
Former resident of upstate NY replies

jazzcom said:

I am from Woodstock NY. I don't talk to those other guys because I am a Senior!

I live in St Louis now but was raised in Hurley. You do know where Hurley is, right?
Johny Appleseed country. Ichabod Crane country. Rip Van Winkle country. How I miss it!

StL Mike