Occidental Gran Bahia - Samana

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
Has anyone heard good or bad about the Gran Bahia recently? I did a search and read past comments. I am thinking of taking my fiance there for a few days next week?

If people have other suggestions I'm open to them. I am not looking to spend a lot of money. I'm not looking for an extravegant AI just something where we can relax, be fed and have a good time.

Thanks.

Kj

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
I think you and your fiance will enjoy your stay. Beautiful view from the rooms and a ferry that makes regular trips across to Cayo Levantado. A very interesting, enjoyable nature tour is offered, too, at no charge. Worth taking. If you like horseback riding, you can take a guided ride through the "mountains" on the land side of the hotel. Spectacular views enroute.

kjdrga

Mar 25, 2002
Sounds great, my friend is trying to get us a good price about $40 USD per person/night. I've stayed in Las Terrenas and thought it was a little too touristy for me. I think my fiance (Dominican) will enjoy "stepping out" of the DR for a few days and into a resort!

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
My daughter went there a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed her stay.
You are really out past the town of Saman?, so a short ride to Las Galeras. Be sure to visit Andy and Nicole at el Marinique.Take a look at www.samana.net to see that area.
My wife and I just happen to love that area of the country..it is super lush..

HB
cart127.gif