Anyone know about Constanza?

Snuffy

Bronze
May 3, 2002
I have not been there but hear it is beautiful. Would be interested to hear feedback on this area and any info. on land prices or biz opportunity.

We live in Santiago now...but I was thinking I would like a place in the mountains for those really hot summer days.

What about the mountain area just south of Caberate? I believe it is south...I should say.......back of Caberate....moving away from the ocean.

jojocho

Jul 10, 2002
If you're in Santiago and looking for a place in the mountains you should consider Jarabacoa. Constanza is very nice, but getting there is a pain in the butt!! Jarabacoa is less than an hour away from Santiago and it's a really nice place with plenty of things to do, even golf.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Not for you

Constanza is a tiny valley. Land prices are sky high, and there is never much land for sale. 2 acres is considered a large sale, for example.
If you don't speak Spanish-fluently-you will be lost.
Constanza is basically a Spanish ex-pat colony. Beautiful, but closed to most people....
Sure you can put in a business...at your risk.

I agree with jojocho, you will be better off in Jarabacoa...

HB

bob saunders

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
dr1.com
Jarabacoa

It only takes 45 minutes to get from Santiago to Jarabacoa. The road is narrow and curvy but being from the mountains myself it is, to me is not a bad road. There are properties for sale near the golf course( several miles from town) The countryside is beautiful and not crowded. Land prices in Jarabacoa itself are not that cheap.
There are many Americans there, mainly missionaries that can give you info on the area. Taken a drive up on a Sunday and go to the park and have an icecream cone and sit on the benches under massive trees. Very relaxing.