Amex travelers checks or money orders?

Favorite Son

Aug 20, 2002
I have read many post about this and it seams like the answer is up in the air depending on what you need to do? I will be comming soon and want to set up a us dollar account and a peso account as starting points. Planing to start spending more time in the DR, a couple weeks here, a month or two thier ect. Is thier any reason to use one over the other to set up accounts? I get amex travlers for free, my westeren union monry orders cost like .49 per $ 500.00. I am not talking about bring a huge amount of money, only several thousand to set up on this trip. I could always bring $, But had a bad problem going to the Caymen islands with 2k in cash for a family trip! The US airports are geting out of control. All the screaners in Atlanta airport are more concerened about thier uguly long nails then whats happening. They have no sense of good judgement! I guess thats what happens when you take fast workers and dropouts and give them power. I know thier are some very good workers too, and I am sorry, I do not mean to put them down, I just hope my next trip I find them.