S.O.S, Help me find STEEVE BOUTET

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dianepellerin

Please, if you know where is STEEVE BOUTET, let me know. I need to locate him in order to settle the false checks he wrote to me . I helped him because he said he had been robbed. Thanks. I don't know what else to do...

AnnaC

Gold
Jan 2, 2002
Ok boys be nice!

Diane sorry to hear this. Where was he? Where are you now? A little more info please.

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
Where did this happen. Where is he located, more or less. What does this guy do?
Do you know this is now a jail offence in the Penal Code of the DR??
Have you sworn out a warrent for him-a "querella"
This is important.

HB

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
If Steve Boutet is his CORRECT name, he sounds French Canadian. What sort of official documentation did you see? Passport? Driving licence? Any form of ID? Did you check things out with Tim Hall at Cafe Cito &/or the Canadian Consulate office? Have you spoken to Joanne at Sam's Bar? She might know something as a lot of Ex-pats go there. She might also put up something on her notice board!

If he was here on holiday, which tour company did he come in with? It might be worth having a word with them & see if they can locate a home address through the travel agents used.

As the others have said, give us some more details & I will certainly put the word out in the Puerto Plata area - he MIGHT still be around.

Good luck - Grahame

Last edited:
D

dianepellerin

Thanks for your help. Sorry I did not answer before, I did not think I would get response so quickly. Steeve Boutet is French canadian, 25 years old. Second time in Puerto Plata. He is about 5 feet 10 inches, rases his head, blond. He does not work he hangs in bars. Was seen in the disco el basurero in Puerto Plata. He robbed his best friends credit card in Canada to come back now about 2 weeks ago, his friend is also looking for him, he purchased an open ticket with Panam for 3,000 can$. His friend called me to let me know that where he worked he also cheated everyone, with false checks and so on. The problem is the lawyers and even the judge I spoke to ask me to locate him firs. If I see him, he may change city then. He ows me 800 US. The first check I accepted from him, the new cashier at the bank told me that the money was available and this is why I helped with the money for his return ticket to Canada. He stayed only one week in Canada. I have a picture from him. Iknow the law here, it is just hard to find where he lives. He travels just with his birth certificate. I went to the Canadian consulate and they say they cannot do anything. This money was my money set aside for my son's private school at the Learning Tree. Since it happened , I just don't feel good about myself for wanting to help another time. Thanks again.

WebDev

Jan 1, 2002
samana.net
Post the picture here

dianepellerin said:
I have a picture from him. Iknow the law here, it is just hard to find where he lives. He travels just with his birth certificate. Since it happened , I just don't feel good about myself for wanting to help another time. Thanks again.
Why not posting the picture here, kind of like "DR Most Wanted".
Good luck
WebDev

BushBaby

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
www.casabush.org
I would think the first thing for you to do is get along to the police station & file a report about the fraud!! Give THEM the pictures of him & get them to issue an arrest warrant. If he has got warrants out against him in Canada, the Canadian Consulate MUST take an interest in the case surely, so they can arrange extradition!! If you get the run around from the Consulate up here, try talking to the Embassy in Santo Domingo. There is a new Ambassador in the DR - I am sure he would want to start off by being very helpful!!!

I would expect there could be legal problems if you put this persons photo on DR1 making accusations as laid out above - better check it with Dalores/Rob first!!

Next, get around to the bars & hotels warning them of the possible dangers of this guy & to inform you or the police if they see him (again, pass over copies of his pictures to them).

Salutary lesson to be learned here - don't trust anyone especially where money is concerned. Don't lend money to anyone other than close friends & relatives (even THEY can be doubtful too) unless you have collateral to at least 130% of the loan & THAT must have proven ownership/title of which YOU keep a copy!!!

Sorry Diane, I commiserate with you losing US $800, especially as it was for your son's education, but this is quite an inexpensive lesson you have learned - it COULD have been for thousands of dollars as many others have been coned for!! No-body asks me for a loan these days, they know the answer before asking!!

Good luck - e-Mail me a copy of the best photoI you have of this guy, I will keep my eyes open for someone of his discription & let you know if I see him!! - Grahame.

Eddy

Silver
Jan 1, 2002
If the check was written on an account in Canada, I doubt very much if you have any legal recourse in the DR. (Mind you, I`m not an attorney) Don`t expect to much help from the authorities either. I`m talking from experience. Hope you find him and at least have him spend a weekend at the Grey Hilton.

ricktoronto

Grande Pollo en Boca Chica
Jan 9, 2002
Anyone ever stopped to think

This is one side of the story and we don't really know at all if it is true? Hope you don't find this guy, report back and she kills him as a result and it all has nothing to do with the alleged theft ( and I would like to see a $3,000 PanAm round trip ticket and how the name on the card and ticket don't match and the credit card sale went through).

Hillbilly

Jan 1, 2002
As I said before, Diane, you must place a Querella at the Police Station. If you don't want to go, have your lawyer do it. Make a lot of Photocopies of the false checks. Copies of the Photograh are also helpful. Take all the copies to the police, tell them the banks have the originals!.

Offer some money if they can locate this guy. {b]IF[/b] the Police want to, they can locate anybody here.

You might want to check with Giovanny Santos the local Manager of PanAm, and see if he really did come down on one of their flights...if he is Canadien he might have originated in Portsmouth, NH.. Get details, Diane, they all help.... Giovanny can be reached at Santair, it is in the Phone book.

Regards,

HB

Nickie

Jan 25, 2002
From Yellow.ca this is the only name that came up...hope this helps, Diane.

STEEVE BOUTET
103 Principale
Saint-Basile-de-Portneuf, QC
G0A 3G0

Telephone (418) 329-3238

D

dianepellerin

Again, thank you everyone for your advices. Now I know better what to do and what not to do the next time. As for RickToronto, don't think I would bother inventing that story. I have apts for rent and I can e-mail you the contract he signed for me and I can e-mail you the copies of the checks and the copy of the bank where the money was deposited. His checks were from the Sunthrust Bank in Florida where he was working before coming here and the account is closed. About the 3,000 $can, this story is from his best friend in Canada who called to my home and left a message that he desperate to find him since he used his credit card number knowing the maiden name of the mother and the infromation required to use the credit card. I just know that everywhere Boutet goes he cheats people and I think that if this board can help someone not to get cheated by him, it is already a success.

I heard that he went for a while in the area of Boca Chica and Juan Dolio. But I will be ready when he comes back. Thanks again.

belmont

Bronze
Oct 9, 2009
When there is a dispute between Diane Pellerin and a tenant, there are at least 3 sides to the story. Even in 2011.

Criss Colon

Platinum
Jan 2, 2002
yahoomail.com
H E,must hAVE sPENT tHE mONEY bY nOW!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

ccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccc

mls

Aug 4, 2011
steeve boutet is originally from Grand-mere quebec. His name spells Steve, not Steeve.. Now lives somewhere in calgary and say he works for a company called formworks.... He has worked in the automobile industry in the ottawa, Gatineau area... There has been fraud in all the dealerships he has been.... Good luck finding him...

Status
Not open for further replies.