DR radio stations on the Internet?

chicker

Jan 1, 2002
If there is already a thread that someone can point me to, muchas gracias. I did a general search and didn't come up with much.

I tried to get www.lan103.com out of Santiago but our administrator has that one blocked for some reason. I'd prefer a station broadcasting from the northern part of the island as that's where I will be visiting again in December (can't wait, can't wait, can't wait).

But if you know of any station anywhere, it would be helpful. I'm a year better at my spanish, but I would really like to acustom myself to the "peculiar" speech patterns of the native speakers if at all possible.

Sorry if this is a well-worn topic. I only came back to the board this week. I honestly thought I would never get to return to the DR but, guess what, miracles do happen. OK, it was a really small miracle but it happened. See y'all soon.

St Louis Mike, needing a Presidente really bad

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Don't know if there is anything in the archives, but I did a Google search for Dominican Republic Radio Stations and got a number of hits (besides the one you mentioned).

Apr 26, 2002
You're In Luck

You're in luck. There are lots of stations to listen to on the web. Go to:
http://www.tvradioworld.com/region1/dom/Radio_Tv_Frequencies.asp

Be sure to check out the second page (must click on "next results").

I like Radio Milion (for classic latin from the 40s-70s), and Radio Universal, Cima Cien, Super Regional, Commando FM, Rumba 99, and La "N" 103.5 for modern merengue/bachata/salsa.

It'll be like you never left the DR!

chicker

Jan 1, 2002
Thanks, everybody

Those were all excellent websites and suggestions.

This board is the best, eh?

StL Mike, counting down 98 days