If you have any complaints about the moderators....

Pib

Goddess
Jan 1, 2002
www.dominicancooking.com
I know that some posters have at some moment disagreed with the DR Debates mods' actions. You have to know that there is something you can do. Read along...

<p align="center"><font face="Verdana" size="2" color="#FF0000">INTERNATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF PUBLIC INTERNET FORUMS MODERATORS</br>Pi$$ing off people since 1823</font></p>
<p align="center"><font face="Verdana" size="2">ETHICAL COMMITTEE<br>Report of unethical behavior/complaint form</p>
While participating on forum________________ in the website _________________, moderator _____________ (supply moderator's forum handle, full name, POB, DOB, credit card number, forum password and social security number-or applicable document) committed the following violation (please describe in Latin the violation in which the moderator incurred):____________________</font>

How would you like us to process your report?

* Shredded
* Made into a paper airplane.
* Used to substitute toilet paper (our preferred method)
* Read by the staff (requires that you submit US$250.00 to
cover processing fee)

Thank you for your report, you will hear from us soon (ut ha!).</font>

Last edited:

mkohn

Bronze
Jan 1, 2002
I just thought you'd tell us to call Robert at 1-800-BITE-ME to file a complaint.
I suppose the forms are to be filed in cuadruplicate, on a post it...
mk

N

Not registered

Is it possible that people are "complaining" by absenteeism? It looks as though the "DR 1 Debates Forum" has gone unused for nine days?

Sort of like the saying "vote with your feet?"

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Not registered said:
Is it possible that people are "complaining" by absenteeism? It looks as though the "DR 1 Debates Forum" has gone unused for nine days?

Why do you bother with DR1?

Some people come here, complain, moan and give zero back, I don't get it. :confused:

Then again, maybe the valuable posts are lost in the many usernames you have... :tired:

Ken

Platinum
Jan 1, 2002
Not registered said:

You voted with your feet once, Janice, to sighs of relief. What brought you back? It certainly wasn't at the request of the message board.

Escott

Gold
Jan 14, 2002
www.escottinsosua.blogspot.com
Ho boy... Here we go again... I can see it already.

Janice: I have so many usernames because you delete or change my info every time.

Robert: You just don't know how to operate a computer. I haven't done a thing.

Janice: Yeah right penishead, you delete it because you don't like me.

Robert: I never touch a thing it must be all you.

Janice: ...........

Robert: ...........

richard

Jan 1, 2002
A QUESTIONFOR ROBERTt

Robert said:

Some people come here, complain, moan and give zero back, I don't get it. :confused:

Then again, maybe the valuable posts are lost in the many usernames you have... :tired:

Robert, whatever happened to the guidelines for posting in the forums? I've looked around the site and don't see them. As I remember there were to be no derogatory remarks, no name calling and nothing of questionable taste .With the new site many of the guidelines seem to be ignored. Just wondering.

Richard:confused:

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Maybe you are referring to posts in the open forum?

If you spot any posts of questionable nature in the other forums, let me know via email.

We also have a "debate" forum that is moderated by two of our longer more frequent posters.

N

Not registered

Complain, moan etc

Robert said:

Robert

You seem to be the only one complaining here, I simply made an observation about lack of participation in a particular forum. Does that strike a sensitive nerve?

No, I don't give much back as I know very little of the DR, I am trying to learn. You might note I am not abashed at making comments on subjects that deviate from the DR (80% or so) that I have knowledge of. Maybe after spending 7 days in Jarabacoa with members of my firm I will be able to post a unique perspective of the DR as a "retreat." I acknowledge little or no information about the DR, maybe some of you critics should do the same?

Robert, you need to lighten up and not take things "personal," though they may be :)

I don't think I have tried to disguise my name in either the chat or the board, simply can't seem to keep my name. Funny how people that "moan, complain etc" have problems with the technical aspects of this board

Jazzcom, why are you making a useless post not concerning you? Should Robert and I waste space by arguing you might have a complaint, but your presumptive silly comment only serves to "get your name in print," some people will do anything to try and gain notoriety.

Janice, using the only username I appear to be able to keep and probably making a few more enemies (Pib, I'm glad you have the intelligence to discern the post for what it was)

Robert

Stay Frosty!
Jan 2, 1999
dr1.com
Re: Complain, moan etc

Does that strike a sensitive nerve?
For a new forum it's doing well. The post count on the message board is as normal, like wise with site visitors. Not sure how you come by your numbers?

Robert, you need to lighten up and not take things "personal," though they may be :)
He,he,he, your still posting, how could I take things "personal"?

I don't think I have tried to disguise my name in either the chat or the board, simply can't seem to keep my name. Funny how people that "moan, complain etc" have problems with the technical aspects of this board
With 8,000+ people registered, 1800+ active, you seem to be the only one that consistently has a problem, you tell me?

Let me know when your in Jarabacoa and I'll come up and buy you lunch.

richard

Jan 1, 2002
Robert said:
Maybe you are referring to posts in the open forum?

If you spot any posts of questionable nature in the other forums, let me know via email.

We also have a "debate" forum that is moderated by two of our longer more frequent posters.

That's fine Robert and I do realize that Hillbilly and Pib are moderating the "debate" forum however I don't and I think maybe others don't want to be complainers. Why not just post the guidelines?;)

Pavan

Jan 18, 2002
Moderators are powerful people

I am scared of moderators now...................

This thread sure was a wake up call for me. I will now stop being missing_dr the arrogant, who gives a dam'n etc etc.

I will only write in threads where weather, theater, hotel discounts and air fares are discussed to be on the safe side......

yeah right!!!